Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last three years, a good friend of mine has been helping me build an engine. A lot of the work is done but there is still plenty to do. It has taken MUCH longer than it was suppose to. At this point, he started a new job and I don’t believe he has the time to help with my project. Now, it is very difficult to get him to answer his phone or get any answers from him. He has the parts so I can’t just walk away. I just want to either finish the engine or get my parts back. He is a friend so I don’t want it to get ugly. I just want to the engine done.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Go see him face to face. Tell him no hard feelings but you have to move forward with your project. Do you owe him any money? If not get your parts back ASAP.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
No phone calls. Go over and get your stuff. Then take it from there. It isn't like you are doing anthing wrong. Don't be afraid or ashamed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally got a hold of the engine builder. After a long talk he assured me that it would be done soon. So it looked like we were going to finally finish this project. Well months have gone by and now it’s back to not answering calls and no engine.

·
workin it
7,778 Posts
road trip....

·
Cut me in or cut it out!
2,650 Posts
It would be a shame to wait all this time and it not turn out good?
Get it back while you have time to see inside and you directly have input on its ultimate health!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Dont be afraid go pay him a visit and get your stuff back.

·
workin it
7,778 Posts
Set up a tent in his front yard and set up camp and and i bet he comes to you .
Haha, x2!!!! I would love to see the look on his face....:eek:

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
after all this(~6mths) How could you possibly trust this clown to do anything?You've been more than reasonable & if there's an outstanding bill you may have to pay it,Just get your stuff back & get someone else if he hasn't been working to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
If you're really friends, you should have no problem talking to him. Go see him and let him know you understand he is busy and that's ok, but you would really like to get this finished. Comming from me this will be a contradiction but..... do not threaten him. He may take it offensively and then you'll never get your parts back. I wish you the best of luck!

·
all motor
4,463 Posts
For the last three years, a good friend of mine has been helping me build an engine. A lot of the work is done but there is still plenty to do. It has taken MUCH longer than it was suppose to. At this point, he started a new job and I don’t believe he has the time to help with my project. Now, it is very difficult to get him to answer his phone or get any answers from him. He has the parts so I can’t just walk away. I just want to either finish the engine or get my parts back. He is a friend so I don’t want it to get ugly. I just want to the engine done.

I got a few questions. Are you paying him? If so, is it at a reduced rate? You dont have to broadcast what the terms are, but if he is a good friend, maybe he feels "pressured" to finish it but finds it hard to say no to you. He has a new job, and may have lost interest. Give him the respect, as a friend, to let him know how you feel. He may even feel the same way.

If it is at a discounted rate, I would word things so he doesn't feel used about his labor and/or knowledge.

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
Just checkin back to see if you had gotten anywhere yet.....?????

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
just talk to him face to face. you don't know what his reasons or circumstances are yet, so don't jump the gun. get all the facts first, then react accordingly

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
just talk to him face to face. you don't know what his reasons or circumstances are yet, so don't jump the gun. get all the facts first, then react accordingly
So your saying confront him, then kick his ass rofflmao just teasing you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts