Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying FN 57 pistol does anyone own one of these. Also are they worth the money or is there another handgun that would be a better choice.

·
16,312 Posts
It is all going depend of preference IMHO.

If you have the cash and just have to have one, please post pics and range reports so I can live vicariously.... =D

I don't really want a pistol round that can punch though walls myself, I prefer a big fat +P Tap .45 Hollow Point in Springfield 1911.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
I don't remember the forum but there seems to be some serious issues with the gun. In fact one guy was selling his and it was a few days old. Just wanted it gone. You can only get the ammo from FN unless that changed.
Do yourself a favor and do a Google search. I was going to buy one until I saw the crap reviews.
Just get a .45ACP and be done. Big, slow, high torque round.

·
16,312 Posts
The 1911 is a heavy gun but I have shot and owned many, it is my favorite. My second choice is Glock. Someone here said there are ranges that let you rent guns, we don't have anything like that but that is a great idea before making a purchase.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
i have one that i bought from a friends estate along with a couple of other guns.
we had run about 300 rounds through his at the range without problems.
they make different ammo for it but it all comes in a FN box.
their defense rounds are a hollow point fragment able bullet. it will penetrate soft tissue but will disintegrate when it contacts a solid object such as a wall.
that being said. the only advantage to this weapon is mag capacity. IMO it is a cool toy but given a shtf situation it would not be my "go to" gun.

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
I bought one when they came out. SS190 was cheap and readily available then. After blasting about 600 rounds through all kinds of shit, the prestige wore off and I got rid of it. I wish I would have bought that 20k rounds of SS190 for a dollar a bullet back when I had the chance. I did buy 1k for 1k and sold it for 5k. Without the SS190, it's nothing special IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts