Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, new to site thought maybe sum of u all could help me out.
I`ve got a 522bbc with f2 procharger blowing thru a air to water intercooler into a dual needle and set csu carb. its in a 69 camaro car weights 3,660 with driver. mini tubbed with 29x10.5x15 ladder bar suspension. car is all new, it has been 5.70 at 130mph with a weak ass 1.58, 60ft. on 15 pounds of boost. i have a 7531msd box and i have a steve morris boost controller but i still cant seem to get the car to hook hard trying to leave with any type of power... ive been pulling out 15 degrees of timing and ramping it back in over 2seconds to run what i have run. i dunno even if the boost controller is working properly either. pretty much in the dark on the whole car its all new to me would grately appreciate any help anyone could give at this point. i live in a small back wooded area lol and cant seem to find anyone with any knowledge to help me out. Either the car leaves like a snail and runs 5.70s or i put timing in it and blows the tires off!

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
hi, new to site thought maybe sum of u all could help me out.
I`ve got a 522bbc with f2 procharger blowing thru a air to water intercooler into a dual needle and set csu carb. its in a 69 camaro car weights 3,660 with driver. mini tubbed with 29x10.5x15 ladder bar suspension. car is all new, it has been 5.70 at 130mph with a weak ass 1.58, 60ft. on 15 pounds of boost. i have a 7531msd box and i have a steve morris boost controller but i still cant seem to get the car to hook hard trying to leave with any type of power... ive been pulling out 15 degrees of timing and ramping it back in over 2seconds to run what i have run. i dunno even if the boost controller is working properly either. pretty much in the dark on the whole car its all new to me would grately appreciate any help anyone could give at this point. i live in a small back wooded area lol and cant seem to find anyone with any knowledge to help me out. Either the car leaves like a snail and runs 5.70s or i put timing in it and blows the tires off!
Are you pulling the timing out on the Launch retard?
What RPM are you leaving at?
P.M. me, about the boost controller..

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Sounds like you need to get the suspension dialed in first then start adding more power. Seems like pulling the power is just a band aid on the bigger problem at the moment. Give us the rest of the details on the suspension, someone can get you lined out.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Need help!

front suspension is just stock control arms with moroso trick springs with cheap ass 3 way adujustable shocks and suspension limiters the car holds front travel length of the suspension the whole way.. the rear suspension is ladder bar with single adjustable afco coil overs and the ladder bars are in the lowest whole on the car with alot of angle in the bar but the car has 0 pinion angle.. Any suggestions lol

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if this mite help any their are two videos of my car racing on nastyracing.net, one is called 8sec69 and the other is called king of the hollow preview maybe yall could tell sumthing from the video on how the car leaves. but the 8sec69 video was the very first pass on the car and it had a broke torque converter.. thanks

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the car has a power glide in it been leaving at 3,500 on the two step with transbrake. the car has 3.55 gears in it

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank ya! could u tell anything about how the car leaves from the video?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how well does the ams 1000 work?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
do u sell these systems

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
A centrifugal blower will have a pipe that goes to the manifold. This is where we put a wastegate so name brand doesnt matter.
On a roots / screw type there is usually nowhere to put a wastegate so it is difficult on these applications.
I know all of that. My question is... Have you done this with a ProCharger or centrifigal type blower? If so, would you care to share the results? As far as I've seen or know about, there's no one using one on this type blower... Please, correct me if I'm wrong.. We run pretty well without a boost controller period... We control the power, other ways...
BlowThruDawg

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I thought my answer was pretty direct . Ill try again. Yes I have done it not only on cars but on bikes with prochargers as well. Plenty of ways to control power. If you like increasing your egts by yanking timing or throwing a bunch of fuel at it then cool. I prefer to control power with no increases in egt and leave the engine at its optimal ignition timing and air fuel ratio.

It worked excellent. Put a 10 psi spring in it which limited boost to about 13 psi at full rpm then used the controller with 6 stages to close the gate progressively bringing power in smoothly.

20 ways to skin a cat. Those who take the step outside the box are the ones who benefit.

As for the systems...Im the manufacture of the system and yes we sell them. We are completely out of stock at this time. Precision Turbo and World wide turbo and fuel injection probably have them in stock as we shipped to them last.

We will have more in stock in about 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts