Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went out tesing yesterday and the car drove left every pass right at the 60ft mark but on the last past i shortend the upper right bar and i went a little further but started driveing left about 200ft out her is the vids in order i no my camra man sucks still

firstpass
second pass
last pass

·
Registered
232 Posts
Do you have a antiroll kit on the car ?
And also have you checked the roll out on the rear slicks/tires?

And have you put the car on scales?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes to all the above the car just started driveing left now that im putting more power to it the anti nrol bar is 0 out i cant recal the roll out right off but they were the same

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you shortend the right upper you moved the rearend to the drivers side by doing so ! I would put the right side back where it was so the rearend would be back centered and then i would put a 1/2 of turn of preload on the drivers side antiroll link and the car should leave straight and stay straight! I am assuming this is a stock suspension malibu ?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you shortend the right upper you moved the rearend to the drivers side by doing so ! I would put the right side back where it was so the rearend would be back centered and then i would put a 1/2 of turn of preload on the drivers side antiroll link and the car should leave straight and stay straight! I am assuming this is a stock suspension malibu ?
yea its stock suspension the car leaves stright and the starts driveing i moved every thing back then made the upper right bar longer by moveing the upper bar one flat im testing agine tursday lets hope this helps thanks for the advice

·
Registered
232 Posts
Have you checked to mae sure the rearend is sqaured to the chassis?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
You need to check a couple things:
Make sure your rearend isn't bent. One tire or the other sometimes will toe in or out causing all kinds of goofy things to happen.

Make sure your rearend is aligned straight. You might need to adjust a rear lower control arm in or out to make sure the rearend is straight with the front alignement. If it's off, it'll make a car go left or right too.

Rollout on the tires being off. Switch them from side to side maybe.

ARB... if everything above is good, you might have too much preload in the ARB or in the coil-overs. Scales will help you figure this out. If you don't have scales, shorten the pass. link on the ARB slightly to take preload out of the ARB. Too much preload on the pass. ARB link will drive a car left... too little preload on the pass. ARB link will drive a car right.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAD THE REAREND HOUSING OUT OF THE CAR IT IS STRIGHT GONNA PUT IT BACK IN IT WAS CENTERD BEFOR I REMOVED IT BUT I AM GOING TO RE DO IT .THE ARB WAS NUTRAL NO PRELOAD WAS USED AT ALL BUT I WILL HAVE THE CAR BACK ON THE SCALES TO DAY THANKS FOR THE ADVICE I WILL POST NUMBERS LATER. THANKS

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
You need to check a couple things:
Make sure your rearend isn't bent. One tire or the other sometimes will toe in or out causing all kinds of goofy things to happen.

Make sure your rearend is aligned straight. You might need to adjust a rear lower control arm in or out to make sure the rearend is straight with the front alignement. If it's off, it'll make a car go left or right too.

Rollout on the tires being off. Switch them from side to side maybe.

ARB... if everything above is good, you might have too much preload in the ARB or in the coil-overs. Scales will help you figure this out. If you don't have scales, shorten the pass. link on the ARB slightly to take preload out of the ARB. Too much preload on the pass. ARB link will drive a car left... too little preload on the pass. ARB link will drive a car right.
how/ what do you know what is too much or too little? do you want it neutral on the scales or offset the weight of the driver with passenger preload?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
We normally set the car up to full race weight (driver, equipment, fuel, water, NOS bottles full, etc....). Then we unhook the ARB, level out the front and rear ride heights (assuming the car has coil-overs) back and forth. Normally, on our cars, this gets the rear weights pretty close even with the ARB disconnected. Then we hook up the ARB neutral and add a little preload by lengthening the pass. side ARB link enough so there rear weights are about 10 - 20 lbs. higher on the pass. rear tire than the driver rear tire. With our ARB, this takes about 3 or 4 flats of ARB link preload. On the track, 9 times out of 10 it goes perfectly straight and level right from there. If it drives left or right, we adjust accordingly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts