Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure theres one on here somewhere but I need a wiring diagram to ad a digiset timer to delay my nos off the trans brake.
if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

·
12,058 Posts
Should bump this to a sticky, the question is always being asked either here or in the electrical section.

Could also post more variations of the same idea, progressives, 7531 timers, etc.

I agree !! Done deal...

Hope this helps you guys out in the future.. Thanks, SJ

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,417 Posts
Man, so complicated. All that stuff is done inside my Holley Dominator ECM! ;) Good schematics though for those that need them, keep it here forever.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Found a few more . . . .

This is the diagram I wired the car with and it worked out awesome, nice and simple job for sure.

heres the diagram.... just so your aware, you dont need to wire up the fuel part of the progressive, you can just use the nitrous output and wire the to a continous duty solenoid, than hook both your nitrous and fuel solenoids to it for the first system... this diagram is old and i need to remake it to eliminate that part cause its just a waste of wire and a extra continous duty solenoid...

this is slow94z, i'm on the shop computer under my pop's login...

jay
Try this. This diagram puts the WOT switch on the ground side of the circuit as well. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don’t think I see the one I need here.
The class I am going to run does not allow any type of controller. No digi-sets, no ignition retards, no progressives, nothing.
I want to be able to leave off the brake or a button.
Would I need to use 3 relays? 2 for the Trans brake and one for the button with 2 different activation switches?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I am sure theres one on here somewhere but I need a wiring diagram to ad a digiset timer to delay my nos off the trans brake.
if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it.
retard that aint going to help you lol i tried that and i still go in the air. if you want to can come look at mine its pretty simple

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
retard that aint going to help you lol i tried that and i still go in the air. if you want to can come look at mine its pretty simple
I've had it done for a while now, where you been??
and i'll pass, dont think the masking tape and scotch locs are a good look:p

·
Registered
172 Posts
Why is 85 and or 86 used as ground in these diagrams,,,,, which is really the ground???? schematic with arrow between 85 and 86 on relay means what??? someone please explain

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Why is 85 and or 86 used as ground in these diagrams,,,,, which is really the ground???? schematic with arrow between 85 and 86 on relay means what??? someone please explain
Sounds like you are referring to a diode across the coil.

If there is no diode then a relay does not care whether 85 or 86 is ground. If a diode is present it does matter. I believe some relays have internal diodes, but I have also used harnesses with external diodes, so it's a good idea to get into the habit of wiring it correctly regardless of the relay used at the time, you might need to replace the relay with a internal diode style.

The Bosch Rely Standard is 86>12v AND 85>GRND

The Bosch standard style schematic would have the arrow point at the positive coil input.

Cathode > 12V positive
Anode > Ground

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Please check,,, :confused: I always thought that the arrow points in the direction of flow of current!!!
The diode doesn't pass current when the circuit is completed across the relay.

It's job is to loop the current until it dissipates when the current is removed.

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp

Diodes are most often used across the coil to provide a path for current when the current path to the relay is interrupted (i.e. switched off, coil no longer energized). This allows the coil field to collapse without the voltage spike that would otherwise be generated. The diode protects switch or relay contacts and other circuits that may be sensitive to voltage spikes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
GREAT!!! LOOK AT ONE OF THE DIAGRAMS ABOVE AND SEE THAT THE 86 IS BEING USED AS GROUND AND THE DIODE FACING THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!! SEEMS LIKE THAT MIGHT BE THE REASON FOR DAMAGING RELAYS !!!! THOUGHTS PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
some one please tell me how to wire a progressive controller to retard timing only when nos is activated through the controller..
these wiring diagrams make it retard when activated by WOT switch and is only suppose to retard after the delay has started!!!:confused:

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
seein if someone out there has a diagram for my set up ? ive looked on some other sites but couldnt find what i was looking for

i would like to wire up my nitrous kit using a relay , i also need to see how i would wire my msd 8975 retard box to the relay also

i want to be able to flick on my toggle switch and have everthying ready to go when i stab the " oh shit " pedal :supz:

anyways , the realy i have isnt the bosch relay but its a 30 amp relay has 4 terminals on it . if you have a diagram for my set up please include the numbers on the relay to where they would go or what goes to them ........ thanks for the help !!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
sorry my relay is a single pole single throw ( spst ) ^^^^^

·
workin it
7,771 Posts
am I to assume that the +12 going to the bottom relay is from a switched source? I'm trying to wire up 2 systems with an nos 15834 controller. Can I just power up all 3 relays from the same switched source? Thanks, Scott

1 - 20 of 80 Posts