·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns on at 60psi + or- and turns off at close to zero has to survive 120psi

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Just to make sure what you are wanting..you need it to turn on once above 60psi and stay on until 0psi? Not on above and off below 60psi

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i need it to stay on until relatively close to 0 say 20-30 lbs
what im doing is im having something turn on when my air cylinder is pressurized but i just want to make sure the movement of the cylynder doesnt cause a pressure drop which turns off the switch
so any activation between 60-100
and deactivation 20-30
ya i looked there paul
looking for more options

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
i need it to stay on until relatively close to 0 say 20-30 lbs
what im doing is im having something turn on when my air cylinder is pressurized but i just want to make sure the movement of the cylynder doesnt cause a pressure drop which turns off the switch
so any activation between 60-100
and deactivation 20-30
ya i looked there paul
looking for more options
Is this for something you are working on now, or for your future project? If its the future product, dont worry things are in the works!! ;)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i need to have it finished in 5-6 weeks hopefully sooner the race is exactly 8 weeks from now
and the car leaves a week b4
and the tranny has to get checked out after testing it b4 leaving
so that puts me at 6 weeks to test it
which means i need it in the car 4 weeks from now to wire it

ill need somethign for my future project too though

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if it would help to see a diagram of what im doing let me know and ill email it to you
i just cant post them for the public

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
Most mechanical pressure switches will not have that broad of a "dead area". To do that, you made need two switches with the different set points then wire a latching circuit that is latched by the higher switch and reset by the lower switch or you could get a programmable switch with an adjustable dead area.

www.dwyer-inst.com has a few.

You could also buy a touch screen HMI and a PLC then program it to run all sorts of stuff in the car, which seems to be the trend these days.

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Using some logic gates, a 60 psi and a 5 psi will get you by. Have the 60 psi output go into the logic gate and turn output hi and also power the 5 psi pressure switch with it. When the 5psi switch goes low and into the logic gate, it turns off logic gate.

I need to do some mothers day things. I will try to get a drawing put together for you tonite.

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
This is how to do it with two pressure switchs and a Relay.
Once it's on it's stays on until the lower pressure switch trips and breaks the ground.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys
I wouldn't have thought of that
but I can't use 2 switches do to space requirments
and won't because I'm trying to keep it simple as possible
I guess I'll just go with a 60
I don't think pressure will drop below 51 during the travel of the cylynder
... I just tend to be paranoid that's why I'm looking for a big dead band

1 - 14 of 14 Posts