Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to the Cabin Next week and want to try cooking them differently

Alway wrap them in foil and use Lemon Pepper and butter on the filets..

anyone got any other ideas?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Put 2 fillets on a plate and slather "I cant believe its butter" all over them. Season with whatever you like and top with a little sliced onion. Cover with saran wrap and put in microwave for 2-4 minutes depending on microwave. Fish is done when it flakes. Its the standard recipe for walleye fisherman. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I slice lemon and use real butter, I also add a little cilantro and pepper. Wrap it in aluminum foil and grill using mesquite, I use this same method with Shark also.

·
Un-Official YB Tormentor
5,087 Posts
We've always panfried them in about 2" of melted crisco with pepper only.

Sometimes bread them with crushed townhouse crackers/egg batter with lots of seasoning like Bucks. Try some creole seasoning for a twist too. Got to use more than you would normally season with, as the oil eats quite a bit of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great fish Marinade recipe. *C.P.* KITCHEN!

Went deep see fishing. Caught some amazing hallibit. However you spell that. This recipe is amazing. I've tried it on a few different types of fish and its been great.

FROM *C.P.'S KITCHEN*:supz:
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup roasted red peppers (drained and chopped)
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1/4 cup chop italian parsly
1 tsp of pepper.

DO NOT marinade more than 1 hour. Very important.

Really very good. You will enjoy. If you bbq the fish. Good to baste the fish once you flip. Bout 4 min per inch i think.

·
Registered
954 Posts
my favorite, and simple is, smoked on the barbie with alder chips, add a little black pepper. It takes about 10 minutes at 200 to 250. If you have some left, refrigerate it and the smoke will set in a little more, put it on a club ******* with a small dab of mint jelly mixed in cream cheese.
That is an appetizer you can't get enough of.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts

Thats the best way , Why change it?

Junk

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Fill gut cavity with Best Foods Real Mayo (must be Best Foods), add some onion rings or garlic (optional),, wrap in tin foil and cook in the fire or bake in the oven. The mayo will tenderize the meat right at the end and expose the pinbones and backbone for easy removal.

Sounds like shit but it is the best way to cook salmon or trout, oince you try it you wont go back to anything else.

Or you can use Pride of the west batter and cut into strips, dip and fry in the pan with a touch of oil or butter. (add your favorite seasoning)

·
I've Got The Cure
2,629 Posts
I've been a fly fisher most of my life.
I have to say I don't really care for the taste of Trout...
With the exception of early spring catches when they are still cold and from the winter river to the pan..That Fast!!!
A Hot Iron Skillet, then fried in Crisco with skin on for a few mins. Little pepper on them while they cook.
Shot of Lemon across them when they are hot & done...
Couple scoops of fried taters next to them...

Yes Sir...a man could live on that! :smt023

1 - 14 of 14 Posts