Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get all I can out of a 325 plate shot. We have 102/110 jet in it., 5.5psi flowed with a 73 jet, and 30 degrees of timing. Should I maybe go up on the nitrous side, down on the fuel side, or put some timing back in it. The plugs looked great, maybe a bit rich. Thank for any info.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I am trying to get all I can out of a 325 plate shot. We have 102/110 jet in it., 5.5psi flowed with a 73 jet, and 30 degrees of timing. Should I maybe go up on the nitrous side, down on the fuel side, or put some timing back in it. The plugs looked great, maybe a bit rich. Thank for any info.
i cant make a suggestion for your timing but i would square the plate up either102-102 or 110-110 same fuel pressure possibly 5.25 or 5.0 lbs flowing

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm not an expert. But just to get a little more, I've run bottle pressures @1050psi... Ive never had a problem...I just know guys running in classes with jet size restrictions have raised bottle pressure to get a little more.

·
Registered
920 Posts
ya i know on the fuel. that was just what the guy had. i normally run c12. actually i run alot of bottle pressure ev700. i normall put it in the car at about 1200 and purge down to betweek 1k and 1100. keep it coming guys.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
ya i know on the fuel. that was just what the guy had. i normally run c12. actually i run alot of bottle pressure ev700. i normall put it in the car at about 1200 and purge down to betweek 1k and 1100. keep it coming guys.
I bet that works good huh?

You might want to do a little reasearch on bottle temps and pressures and phase change

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bet that works good huh?

You might want to do a little reasearch on bottle temps and pressures and phase change

well wheres a good place to study? I have sparyed like that for 3years. I see alot of people running 1k pressure.

·
Super Moderator
12,234 Posts
The higher the temp, the higher the pressure. :rolleyes:

The higher the starting pressure, the larger the pressure drop during the run.......

The bottle only has a given window it can re-generate it's own vapor pressure. Say from 765 to 1069 PSI. When you start at 1050, your on the top side of this and it's not as likely to say up there...... This is where the good old 900 PSI number came from. It's more in the mid point and it can maintain/recover better at this point.

Ever make a run with lower bottle pressure then you thought you wanted, and picked up MPH ????? ;)

just my two cents... SJ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts