Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I return to racing I want my car gone over by a chassis guy that knows leaf spring setups well. I had an issue with my rear end that lead to a wreck, but I need expertise to steer me in the right direction on the rebuild. Any suggestions?

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
78,927 Posts
SOME DECENT WELD IN SUBFRAME CONNECTORS.. AND CALVERT OR SIMILAR STYLE LEAF AND TRACTION BARS...AND A DECENT REAR.. IS ALL YOU NEED...THERE ARE A LOT OF OPTIONS IF YOU WANT TO GET EXTRAVAGANT LOL

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SOME DECENT WELD IN SUBFRAME CONNECTORS.. AND CALVERT OR SIMILAR STYLE LEAF AND TRACTION BARS...AND A DECENT REAR.. IS ALL YOU NEED...THERE ARE A LOT OF OPTIONS IF YOU WANT TO GET EXTRAVAGANT LOL
Chassis was done well. Just old and built when I had much less power.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Might be better in the long run to spend the chassis expert money on a coil over conversion if this is a full track car?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Have 2 friends with leafs and radials, Calvert split mono leafs and Caltracs with sliders, both twin turbo cars. One has good Menscer shocks and runs 7.70's, the other runs garbage shocks and still manages to run 8.0's. The faster car has all the attachment points braced and worked into the 25.3 chassis.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have 2 friends with leafs and radials, Calvert split mono leafs and Caltracs with sliders, both twin turbo cars. One has good Menscer shocks and runs 7.70's, the other runs garbage shocks and still manages to run 8.0's. The faster car has all the attachment points braced and worked into the 25.3 chassis.

I appreciate the response but I don't think it helps much. I too have caltracs and split mono leafs, but I have Afco double adjustables.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Unless I missed it, OP never posted the "issue" that led to a wreck. OP, pics of current setup might provide some insight in how to help. Goals and budget wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unless I missed it, OP never posted the "issue" that led to a wreck. OP, pics of current setup might provide some insight in how to help. Goals and budget wouldn't hurt either.
Rear end housing rotated, which altered the pinion angle severely. Drive shaft broke, a little fluid on the tires, and spun into the wall. I am ripping it all out and was looking for someone to advise me so I don't run into the same issue.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts