Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Make this simple, 6 months ago I buy a certified used honda trying to get reliability and mileage, even sell my mustang so me and my wife have no payment, pay about 12k for one that has 12 months bumper to bumper and 7 year 100k powertrain warranty. Peace of mind right? not so much...

Last week it starts making a funny noise, I bring it to the dealer I bought it from, he fixes it, it is not fixed, tries again, no dice, orders parts and retries, tells me it is fixed, sends me home, I don't make it 10 miles before it conks out, pressed the A/C button and the abs light came on and it died within seconds.

Here is the kicker, when I arrive with the tow truck, they tell me, "there seems to have been a mistake made when we sold you the car, it is not actually a certified Honda and has no warranty"

They put me in a rental and off I go, this was Monday, Tuesday I call Honda of America (their parent company) I am told straight out they denied my cars application for being certified and the dealer knew about it, "you need a lawyer right away" they said.

I guess they were right, today the dealer calls and said we are going to put you in another car, same model but a few years newer that actually is certified, trade in on your car is 7 grand, other car is 17,500 so for 10,500 plus tax/tag/fees you can have this car.

WTF, as far as I am concerned they are guilty of fraud, lying to me, causing huge amounts of problems and costing me money. Would not have bought the car if it was not certified and under warranty.

I can't see taking it on the chin for what is clearly their fuck-up. I need a lawyer in or around Sarasota. I was fine with them putting me in a different car that was actually what I paid for originally but am not going to pay anything for their colossal mistakes, anyone know someone or have any ideas?

·
U.S. Navy Retired
4,800 Posts
Did you get warranty paperwork upon purchase? If so, make them eat it(the cost) and fix the damn thing!!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Definately sounds like fraud, I hope you have all of your paperwork. You may not need an attorney if Florida has a consumer complaint department that governs car dealers.

·
Banned
14,510 Posts
Good, I'm glad your Honda is fucking you just like you fucked your countrymen when you bought it.

You made your bed, rat, now you get to lie in it.

So, you're going to go find some sleazy jew lawyer and tie up the courts, fucking the people who actually need justice. Low life shitbag who doesn't care about his country, just another classless ****** looking to place the blame.

Do the world a favor, tie that honda around your neck and jump off a bridge.

Tom

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
Get an attorney and don't try to handle this on your own. Ensure, all of your paperwork is in order as others have stated. Did you get a name as to who you spoke with at Honda of North America?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paperwork includes the warranty and certified status of the car. I about lost my cool when they offered me trade in value on my car...I'm seriously considering telling a lawyer to go for their throat, and I've never hired a lawyer in my life aside from closing on a house.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I opened a case with Honda of North America, they were at least straight with me on the phone. The problem is, I need a good attorney and have no idea how much it costs, or if I can sue for legal and court costs etc

·
Moderater
13,640 Posts
You bought a Honda reap what you sow....Cheap bitch....

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Make this simple, 6 months ago I buy a certified used honda trying to get reliability and mileage, even sell my mustang so me and my wife have no payment, pay about 12k for one that has 12 months bumper to bumper and 7 year 100k powertrain warranty. Peace of mind right? not so much...

Last week it starts making a funny noise, I bring it to the dealer I bought it from, he fixes it, it is not fixed, tries again, no dice, orders parts and retries, tells me it is fixed, sends me home, I don't make it 10 miles before it conks out, pressed the A/C button and the abs light came on and it died within seconds.

Here is the kicker, when I arrive with the tow truck, they tell me, "there seems to have been a mistake made when we sold you the car, it is not actually a certified Honda and has no warranty"

They put me in a rental and off I go, this was Monday, Tuesday I call Honda of America (their parent company) I am told straight out they denied my cars application for being certified and the dealer knew about it, "you need a lawyer right away" they said.

I guess they were right, today the dealer calls and said we are going to put you in another car, same model but a few years newer that actually is certified, trade in on your car is 7 grand, other car is 17,500 so for 10,500 plus tax/tag/fees you can have this car.

WTF, as far as I am concerned they are guilty of fraud, lying to me, causing huge amounts of problems and costing me money. Would not have bought the car if it was not certified and under warranty.

I can't see taking it on the chin for what is clearly their fuck-up. I need a lawyer in or around Sarasota. I was fine with them putting me in a different car that was actually what I paid for originally but am not going to pay anything for their colossal mistakes, anyone know someone or have any ideas?
I would gather that a phone call or a simple demand letter from an attorney will get the dealership's attention very fast. They will probably offer to settle or make it right. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
Good, I'm glad your Honda is fucking you just like you fucked your countrymen when you bought it.

So, you're going to go find some sleazy jew lawyer and tie up the courts, fucking the people who actually need justice. Low life shitbag who doesn't care about his country, just another classless ****** looking to place the blame.

Tom
Are you suggesting he doesn't really need a lawyer?

·
Registered
10,404 Posts

Tom
Did your mommy not hug you enough as a child?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
56,906 Posts
Stand on their throat till they can't breath, take no offers as they know they're at fault over this whole deal. Stand your ground and make them make it right!!! You're in the drivers seat now, not them!!!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
russ snider out of venice is the man to talk to.....has been atty for 35 years...his firm did both my divorces......if u wanna pm me ur number i will call u and talk to u

·
Registered
893 Posts
before you spend money on a lawyer tell the fucken honda dealer you want a full refund.they wont go for it but it'll make you look better in court.in the end that's all you'll get if your lucky and i doubt they'll be payen your lawyer.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts