Yellow Bullet Forums banner

481 - 500 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Working on my first set (& last) of headers for a DRCE-1.....I'm at the final welding stage of the process, (welding the tubing, as well as the cast 02 bungs and collector to primary tube fasteners), what is the trick to keeping distortion to a minimum? Going to do some practice pieces to get me up to speed...... hopefully:) Assuming it's best to do small stitches on opposing sides of tubing, and move around to keep heat down?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Working on my first set (& last) of headers for a DRCE-1.....I'm at the final welding stage of the process, (welding the tubing, as well as the cast 02 bungs and collector to primary tube fasteners), what is the trick to keeping distortion to a minimum? Going to do some practice pieces to get me up to speed...... hopefully:) Assuming it's best to do small stitches on opposing sides of tubing, and move around to keep heat down?
If you're doing full pen welds, the tube will move around regardless. If you're doing partial pen welds then it shouldn't move much if at all.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
This might be a stupid question but what if any affect would changing the headers to a "zoomie" type rather than the bullhorn style? Loss of hp? Loss of torque? Or gains? Also any change in rpm powerband?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
This might be a stupid question but what if any affect would changing the headers to a "zoomie" type rather than the bullhorn style? Loss of hp? Loss of torque? Or gains? Also any change in rpm powerband?
I don't know from personal experience but have been told loss of power NA but gain with NOS.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Zoomies are best on blown applications because pressure and overlap ensure exhaust out, air fuel in. I've heard with nitrous but not sure on why

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Zoo miss with nitrous works because it puts each cylinder on its own and not manipulated by exhaust flow in any way so tuning each hole individually gets easier meaning you can get more out of it,

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here are my Elston Tri-Y Headers on 400ci Australian Super Stock HAAS GXP. (Thank you Calvin!) The car and I won the Australian championship and many races with them. You cannot see the megaphone or reversion cone in this pic, but they're there. 8 x O2 sensors as well.
Elston_Headers.jpg

I am currently working on a new project (after selling the GXP due to divorce) and building some LS headers for a Magnuson 2650 boosted 411ci LSR with Mast Heads.
Burns_Collectors.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok, hope this works.
A 95 or so Chev Tahoe 2door with full custom frame, CBB 460", Headers are 421 and [email protected]" and 2.25x10" Secondary with a 2.5" choke.3.00" 18ga tailpipes with H-Pipe, Magnaflow 3 chamber XL Turbo mufflers 18" case and some boom tubes out the side. The magnflow XL Turbos are my favorite muffler right now. They are available @ 14or 18 inches and I think there is even a longer case available like for a longer truck or whatever. They may give up a bit of power at the very top of power band but they sound great, do not resonate much at all, and are available in Stainless. Another thing folks never get to realize is using 18 ga on systems has a different sound than most sytems using 16 ga tubing.:cool:

2 door tahoe hot rod! You have my attention.

Any more pics of the truck?

481 - 500 of 504 Posts