Yellow Bullet Forums banner

481 - 495 of 495 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Working on my first set (& last) of headers for a DRCE-1.....I'm at the final welding stage of the process, (welding the tubing, as well as the cast 02 bungs and collector to primary tube fasteners), what is the trick to keeping distortion to a minimum? Going to do some practice pieces to get me up to speed...... hopefully:) Assuming it's best to do small stitches on opposing sides of tubing, and move around to keep heat down?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Working on my first set (& last) of headers for a DRCE-1.....I'm at the final welding stage of the process, (welding the tubing, as well as the cast 02 bungs and collector to primary tube fasteners), what is the trick to keeping distortion to a minimum? Going to do some practice pieces to get me up to speed...... hopefully:) Assuming it's best to do small stitches on opposing sides of tubing, and move around to keep heat down?
If you're doing full pen welds, the tube will move around regardless. If you're doing partial pen welds then it shouldn't move much if at all.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
This might be a stupid question but what if any affect would changing the headers to a "zoomie" type rather than the bullhorn style? Loss of hp? Loss of torque? Or gains? Also any change in rpm powerband?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
This might be a stupid question but what if any affect would changing the headers to a "zoomie" type rather than the bullhorn style? Loss of hp? Loss of torque? Or gains? Also any change in rpm powerband?
I don't know from personal experience but have been told loss of power NA but gain with NOS.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Zoomies are best on blown applications because pressure and overlap ensure exhaust out, air fuel in. I've heard with nitrous but not sure on why

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Zoo miss with nitrous works because it puts each cylinder on its own and not manipulated by exhaust flow in any way so tuning each hole individually gets easier meaning you can get more out of it,

481 - 495 of 495 Posts