Yellow Bullet Forums banner

441 - 460 of 482 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Some RO7 GM Cup headers. Looks like we were looking at some big step stuff...

Looks like the primaries were around 21", HA

A peak inside from the front.

Dang! I wish I lived closer to you so I could have you build some headers for my GT350. All of the manufactures sell either a 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 tube header which seams way to big for a 314 CI motor.

What are your thoughts on this Borla X pipe?
https://www.cjponyparts.com/borla-x-pipe-resonator-delete-2-1-2-inch-stainless-steel-gt-2015-2019/p/XPB1/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg6Ov3d6H3wIVSJJ-Ch2C2AMfEAQYAiABEgKRhvD_BwE

·
Registered
197 Posts
Dang! I wish I lived closer to you so I could have you build some headers for my GT350. All of the manufactures sell either a 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 tube header which seams way to big for a 314 CI motor.

What are your thoughts on this Borla X pipe?
https://www.cjponyparts.com/borla-x-pipe-resonator-delete-2-1-2-inch-stainless-steel-gt-2015-2019/p/XPB1/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg6Ov3d6H3wIVSJJ-Ch2C2AMfEAQYAiABEgKRhvD_BwE
Sometime this winter I'm doing a 2014 Mustang for NHRA Stock class. Coyote. Apparantly the exhaust port is under 1.5" round,:rolleyes: so plan on starting @ 1.63 OD tubing. Haven't decided if it will be a 421 or a 4into1. Planning on taking a gander at a mustang sometime soon and see what it looks like. Never done a stock one. This thing can make around 750hp and he runs it up to 9300rpms. 4valves per cyl is a whole other world.
Maybe i'll remember to post some pics. I did do the Ford FR500GT back in 2008 i think. It was tight around that motor mount and steering box and shaft but maybe they changed it for the better.

Noticed Borla didn't say it made any more power. It looks sort of heavy and I do not think it will function the same as a true x-pipe. It looks more like it operates as a crossover or H-pipe. It wouldn't appear to be able to reduce reversion in the system.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The 2014's are pretty close to the 2015 and up Mustangs. The Stainless Works headers that came on my 2016 GT350 are the same as the 2014 GT headers. The exhaust ports on the 5.2l are a little bigger then the earlier 5.0's since they are CNC ported from the factory. I would love to see some pictures of the finished product when you get them done.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Sometime this winter I'm doing a 2014 Mustang for NHRA Stock class. Coyote. Apparantly the exhaust port is under 1.5" round,:rolleyes: so plan on starting @ 1.63 OD tubing. Haven't decided if it will be a 421 or a 4into1. Planning on taking a gander at a mustang sometime soon and see what it looks like. Never done a stock one. This thing can make around 750hp and he runs it up to 9300rpms. 4valves per cyl is a whole other world.
Maybe i'll remember to post some pics. I did do the Ford FR500GT back in 2008 i think. It was tight around that motor mount and steering box and shaft but maybe they changed it for the better.

Noticed Borla didn't say it made any more power. It looks sort of heavy and I do not think it will function the same as a true x-pipe. It looks more like it operates as a crossover or H-pipe. It wouldn't appear to be able to reduce reversion in the system.
You're going to love that Coyote... The stock, sealed GEN2 combination I work with sounds insane when launching at 7500 RPM.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts

750 hp / 8 = 93.75 x 2.2 = 206.25 cfm/115cfm/sqin = 1.79 sqin.

1.79sqin is close to the area of a 1-1/2" ID pipe (1.766sqin).

441 - 460 of 482 Posts