Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.I was wondering if anyone could paste a copy of a gm tech service bulletin number is tsb 06-01-39-002c for the blower motor control module...Thanks in advance...Eddie

·
Registered
47,795 Posts
PLEASE SEE OTHER THREADS ON THIS ISSUE (2). REPLACEMENT OF THE RECEIVER IS REQUIRED IF POOR RANGE IS STILL A CONCERN AFTER NEW FOBS, ANTENNA COAX, AND LATEST CALIBRATION INSTALLED. ALSO SEE THIS MESSAGE POSTED TODAY IN GM MESSENGER:

The Techline Customer Support Center (TCSC) is currently receiving many calls asking for assistance when performing the following Service Inventory Updates 07033 and 07007. The purpose of the message is to focus on key issues and questions regarding these documents. It is very important to read and follow the “steps” and instructions outlined in 07033 and 07007. Listed below are a few helpful tips. “Issues and Actions” are listed below to assist you in resolving specific concerns.

# 07007
Issue: TPM and/or remote start inoperative after RCDLR reprogramming.
Action: Please review calibration selections for your specific vehicle. Make sure you select the proper calibration for your specific vehicle. If the wrong calibration is selected it could disable functions in the vehicle or cause a programming failure. Follow and complete instructions, post-programming messages in TIS2WEB and Tech2 setup procedures.
Issue: User did not document the TPM information or completed the procedure incorrectly causing the TPM information to be zeros and could not complete the Copy and Paste procedure. Dealers will then need to complete manual TPM procedure
Action: Follow and complete “Copy and Paste” procedures as outlined in the bulletin. This will eliminate the need for performing a manual relearn and other issues.

# 07033
Issue: After selecting Supported Controller and Programming Type “E4398: No Calibration Data Found” error message appears in TIS2WEB.
Action: If “E-4398: No Calibration Data Found” does appear during programming please call TCSC and select the “VCI” prompt for further assistance. We have a specific line set up to assist you with this error.
Issue: May experience problems programming Pass-Thru.
Action: Please program using the “Remote” method.

As always TCSC is here to assist and help you with any Techline issues. Again, it is very important to follow the steps as outlined in 07033 and 07007. We do apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and support in this matter.

Thank you

WE HAVE PERFORMED A DOZEN OR SO OF 07007 AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS.
MAKE SURE TECH 2 IS AT LEAST 27.003, EARLIER VERSIONS DO NOT HAVE COPY AND PASTE FOR TPM FEATURE. GOOD LUCK...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been to several websites and they all direct me to sites that want you to pay out the ass for a tsb.Our local gm dealer wont help either.I just want to know how common this problem is.The blower motor on my 2005 surburban quits completly in really cold weather,but if it is 30 degrees or so it works half ass and if it is warm outside works good.Right now it is 5 degrees in ohio where I am at and it does not work at all.It's the wifes truck and she totes the kids to school so I have to get this fixed quick,but I wonder if it is going to fix the cold weather effect?The fix is a blower control module.I guess my vin does not call for just the resistor,but the entire module be replaced

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Document ID: 2049899
#06-01-39-002C: Blower Motor Inoperative or May Not Shut Off in Extremely Low Ambient Temperature Conditions (Replace Blower Motor Control Module) - (Jan 18, 2008)

Subject:Blower Motor Inoperative or May Not Shut Off in Extremely Low Ambient Temperature Conditions (Replace Blower Motor Control Module)

Models:2004-2007 Buick Rainier
2003-2006 Cadillac Escalade Models
2003-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2003-2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Models
2007 Chevrolet Silverado (Classic)
2003-2006 GMC Sierra Models, Yukon Models
2003-2007 GMC Envoy Models
2007 GMC Sierra (Classic)
2003-2004 Oldsmobile Bravada
2003-2006 HUMMER H2 Models
with Automatic Temperature Control HVAC System (RPO CJ2)

This bulletin is being revised to update the model years that are affected and add the Oldsmobile Bravada. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-01-39-002B (Section 01 -- HVAC).
<A href="#ss1-2049899">Condition

Some customers may comment that the blower motor is inoperative or continues to run after the vehicle has been shut off.
<A href="#ss2-2049899">Cause

These conditions may be caused by a blower motor control module failure. This failure may occur when the vehicle is operated in ambient temperature conditions of -23°C (-10°F) or below.
<A href="#ss3-2049899">Correction

Important: Replace the blower motor control module if the vehicle experienced a blower motor control module failure in extremely cold ambient temperature conditions.
Technicians are to replace the blower motor control module, also called the Linear Power Module (LPM), with the P/N listed below. Refer to either the Blower Motor Control Processor Replacement or Blower Motor Processor Replacement-Auxiliary procedures in SI. After replacement of the blower motor control module, the customer may notice a slightly higher than expected blower motor speed at any of the blower speed settings.
<A href="#ss4-2049899">Parts Information

Part Number
Description
Qty
Module Assembly, Auxiliary Blower Motor Control (Rear System on Escalade ESV, Suburban, Yukon XL)
Module, HTR & BLO & A/C CONT (Front system only vehicles - Except H2)
Module Assembly, Blower Motor Control (H2 Models)
Module Assembly, Auxiliary Heater & A/C Control (Rear System on Escalade, Yukon, Tahoe)
<A href="#ss5-2049899">Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:
Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time
D0890
Module, Blower Motor Control - Replace
Use Published Labor Operation Time
Add
Diagnostic Time
GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

·
Registered
934 Posts

Select Vehicle | New TSBs | Technician's ReferenceComponent Search:
Conversion Calculator
2005 Chevy Truck Suburban 1/2 Ton 4WD V8-5.3L VIN T

Vehicle Level
Heating and Air Conditioning
Technical Service Bulletins
All Technical Service Bulletins
A/C - Blower Motor Inoperative or Won't Shut OFF
A/C - Blower Motor Inoperative or Won't Shut OFF Bulletin No.: 06-01-39-002C
Date: January 18, 2008
TECHNICAL
Subject:
Blower Motor Inoperative or May Not Shut Off in Extremely Low Ambient Temperature Conditions (Replace Blower Motor Control Module)
Models:
2004-2007 Buick Rainier
2003-2006 Cadillac Escalade Models
2003-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2003-2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Models
2007 Chevrolet Silverado (Classic)
2003-2006 GMC Sierra Models Yukon Models
2003-2007 GMC Envoy Models
2007 GMC Sierra (Classic)
2003-2004 Oldsmobile Bravada
2003-2006 HUMMER H2 Models
with Automatic Temperature Control HVAC System (RPO CJ2)
Supercede:
This bulletin is being revised to update the model years that are affected and add the Oldsmobile Bravada. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-01-39-002B (Section 01 - HVAC).
Condition
Some customers may comment that the blower motor is inoperative or continues to run after the vehicle has been shut off.
Cause
These conditions may be caused by a blower motor control module failure. This failure may occur when the vehicle is operated in ambient temperature conditions of-23°C (-10°F) or below.
Correction
Replace the blower motor control module if the vehicle experienced a blower motor control module failure in extremely cold ambient temperature conditions.
Technicians are to replace the blower motor control module also called the Linear Power Module (LPM) with the P/N listed below. Refer to either the Blower Motor Control Processor Replacement or Blower Motor Processor Replacement-Auxiliary procedures in SI. After replacement of the blower motor control module the customer may notice a slightly higher than expected blower motor speed at any of the blower speed settings.

Parts Information
Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use the table.

Disclaimer

© 2011 ALLDATA LLC. All rights reserved.Terms of Use

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the fast help.I will call the dealer and go get one tomorrow morning if they have it in stock.The bullet never ceases to amaze me....There is always help when you need it...Again thanks...Eddie...PS...Does anyone else hate the snow....lol

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Thanks guys for the fast help.I will call the dealer and go get one tomorrow morning if they have it in stock.The bullet never ceases to amaze me....There is always help when you need it...Again thanks...Eddie...PS...Does anyone else hate the snow....lol
Before you go spending any $$$ check your plug for the blower motor.I have seen a lot of resistance corrosion issues on these trucks lately.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
very rarely the HVAC control head, almost always the blower module..(what use to be called a blower resistor),

and yes there are connector problems also in some GM vehicles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts