Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I need to get my 1998 Trans Am shipped from KY to CO. I'm military and when I got sent to Fort Carson I never brought it with me.

I will be paying in cash. Preferably an open transport to keep the cost down. I would prefer working straight with the trucker instead of a broker unless anyone recommends against that.

The time frame is very flexible.

Any and all recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Put it on Uship.com and wow, is that place for real?

1,200-1,500 dollar quotes (open transport) for something that cost me $800 4 years ago (same distance/route, just a Ford Taurus) when gas was almost a dollar a gallon more. That was through a broker too.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
where abouts in KY and where to in CO. like sip codes to figure milage.

thought Military took care of these things for you guys.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where abouts in KY and where to in CO. like sip codes to figure milage.

thought Military took care of these things for you guys.
Thanks Sam, I didn't think about that. The car is coming from Glasgow, Ky (42141) to Colorado Springs, Co (80910).

It weighs 3k as well. I don't know if that makes a difference.

To answer your question, when PCSing or ETSing in CONUS (lower 48 states) the shipping office will not pay to or reimburse for a personal vehicle being shipped. Not a one.

When going OCONUS (Alaska, Hawaii, Germany, etc.) they will pay to have them transported.

I already had my and my wifes car to ship out here, one being inside the moving truck and another being on the dolly, so I decided to let the toy stay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts