Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has late term emphazemia and is on oxygen 24/7. She has a 120 volt oxygen concentrator. We have numerous back up sources with 4 generators and several large bottles but in a fast power failure nothing ever goes right and she could pass out if alone. Is there some sort of battery back up system I could hook up to give her 5 or 10 minutes of power for the oxygen concentrator so she could breath while swapping over to a back up? I think I've seen sump pump battery back up supply. Anyone using something like this?

·
Registered
553 Posts
One of the house on my street had two older women living in it and one of them had the same problem. They had to have one of those automatic whole house generators put in. I think the have a 10 second or less down time.

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
Look into server power back ups. The should be able to feed the wattage for a few minutes.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I'll do a search and see what they say.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
the formula that we use for UPS @ work is taking "working power consumption & multiply by 2", if its likely to get used frequently we multiply by 3.

Bob

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
The way an UPS works is equipment that is plugged in runs off of the battery continuosly. While normal power is on it is charging the battery.
Make sure you size it accordingly.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't find a amp rating on this thing or a tag that says anything about requirements. I think it must be 15 amps because the power cord is at least a 14 wire, maybe 12, real heavy duty. I'll have to do some homework and see what it actually draws. I don't need an instant start up, just something within 5 seconds would be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts