Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me why this wouldn't work.
1. Institute a flat income tax that is a set %. Either 14% or 18%. Everyone that works pays. No deductions. No refunds. If you are going to live and work in the greatest country in the world there is a price to pay.
2. The U.S. mints stop stamping change except quarters. You can continue to use the other denominations but the banks will be taking them out of circulation.
3. All purchases will be subject to the roundup. If a purchase costs say $18.23 it will be rounded up to $18.50. $26.79 would roundup to $27.00. The monies collected would be sent to the goverment for the sole purpose to pay down the debt. This way everyone contributes citizens, illiegals, tourists everyone.
I have looked at this for months and cannot see a fault with it. Of course, the collected monies would have to be transfered immediately to pay down the debt so the politians could not get their hands on it like the did the Social Security surplus.
Tell me why it wouldn't work.

·
Registered
16,490 Posts
Tell me why this wouldn't work.
1. Institute a flat income tax that is a set %. Either 14% or 18%. Everyone that works pays. No deductions. No refunds. If you are going to live and work in the greatest country in the world there is a price to pay.
2. The U.S. mints stop stamping change except quarters. You can continue to use the other denominations but the banks will be taking them out of circulation.
3. All purchases will be subject to the roundup. If a purchase costs say $18.23 it will be rounded up to $18.50. $26.79 would roundup to $27.00. The monies collected would be sent to the goverment for the sole purpose to pay down the debt. This way everyone contributes citizens, illiegals, tourists everyone.
I have looked at this for months and cannot see a fault with it. Of course, the collected monies would have to be transfered immediately to pay down the debt so the politians could not get their hands on it like the did the Social Security surplus.
Tell me why it wouldn't work.

A flat tax would put millions on the unemployment list. IRS employees, tax preparers, accountants etc. + the wealthy like their loopholes.
IMO, it would never happen.

·
All motor wannabe
5,895 Posts
shit an 14 or 18% tax would be the shit lol. I get 23% out of my check just in federal, and thats before i get my state and my insurance, etc. taken out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts