Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and asked for a 1061R and the guy came back with a WIX racing filter an actual Wix. I asked about the napa gold and he said they sell the race filters as the wix now.
I have read in a few other threads that the Napa golds are wix racing filters so that would mean i would use a 1061, is this true ? Or are they normal pass car filters ?

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Napa Gold and Wix are the same thing. But your 1061R is not the same as a Napa Gold. You still want the 1061R for the race version.
They dont carry the 1061R they say it crosses to the Wix racing number, in a wix box and wix racing filter

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
I run the 57007R. It is a serious racing filter.

·
I like IceCream
11,029 Posts
Guys....................Napa 1061 is the same as a Wix 51061. The race filter from Wix that you want to run is 51060R...........for SBC and BBC.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Wix makes both the 51060R and 51061R. There is also a longer filter in the R version for a sbc or bbc that holds about 2 qts. but I can't remember the number at the moment.
Wix has a nice filter lookup at www.wixfilters.com
We use only Wix at work on all of our fleet cars, trucks and heavy equipment.

·
Long Live The King
103,905 Posts
I went and asked for a 1061R and the guy came back with a WIX racing filter an actual Wix. I asked about the napa gold and he said they sell the race filters as the wix now.
I have read in a few other threads that the Napa golds are wix racing filters so that would mean i would use a 1061, is this true ? Or are they normal pass car filters ?
Just check .......the Wix Racing filter I got a few weeks ago had a micron rating of 60 !!!!!!!!!!

My old System 1 filters are a 30 micron filter/screen.

Found a Napa Gold 1773 tall filter with a 32 micron rating flows 9 gpm

G

1 - 13 of 13 Posts