Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Gixxer 450 Triple race bike
999 Posts
What's sad is the number of people who live with mental health issues and won't say something because the stigma society has towards it. I am glad to see mental health is starting to become a topic as lives could be saved if the right resources were in place and people used them.
^^^^ This right there!!

Really sad. She had it all and just couldnt see it at the end. Fame, Money, Beauty and a great family. Everything to live for. Hard to believe and understand.
I've lost 2 very close friends to suicide.
Depression lies... it tells you that you're a burden... that the people who love you really don't, that you make their lives worse, that they would be so much better off without you... that the problems and burdens you feel like you're carrying will never go away, never get better... the psychological pain can be unbearable.

·
Meh Commander
15,259 Posts
There’s been quite a few suicides around me … family - friends and acquaintances.
One was a murder suicide just like the above
my grandmother
2 of my brother in laws
my co worker
a girlfriends husband

Iv seen it described most accurately as selfishly ending your pain by forcing it onto everyone that cared about you.

I can guarantee she thought about it everyday and put off hurting her family as long as she could

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
8,666 Posts
Yeah that is rare for a woman. She wanted to make sure it stuck this time. Pretty sure she’s tried pills in the past? I’m thinkin it was her.

Very sad.

·
Registered
Gixxer 450 Triple race bike
999 Posts
There’s been quite a few suicides around me … family - friends and acquaintances.
One was a murder suicide just like the above
One was my grandmother
One was my brother in law
One was my co worker
One was a girlfriends husband

Iv seen it described most accurately as selfishly ending your pain by forcing it onto everyone that cared about you.

I can guarantee she thought about it everyday and put off hurting her family as long as she could
That is NOT accurate at all.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
What's sad is the number of people who live with mental health issues and won't say something because the stigma society has towards it. I am glad to see mental health is starting to become a topic as lives could be saved if the right resources were in place and people used them.
To me what is sad is the lack of support in the way of programs to support folks with psychological issues, but yet the government can hemmorage funds for non citizens, chronic welfare leeches and others that scam the system without recourse.

Also, the quoted text does raise a point that the system fails people with treatable mainstream issues that without help can lead to super destructive results.

The system is strapped to the point they cannot help citizens, because of all the money funneled elsewhere..

·
Trolling the Trolls
17,559 Posts
I made a pact with a former YB member who took his life after Big C came back, make no messes. That means no guns or Vanishing Point style endings. He just used a needle and a spoon.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
And that is only "if" people would use them....... you are on point about it being a stigma. A person smokes all their life and there will be a line around the corner to see a Pulmonary doctor. And people are OK with that. But a line of people waiting to see a mental Clinician is not accepted by society in general and until that is dealt with this conversation is just wheels spinning in the mud unfortunately.....

JW

·
Trolling the Trolls
17,559 Posts
try getting in to see someone when you are in a critical crisis, only option is ER. BP 220/140, RHR 110, 45 BPM.

Males are bad about it! we are taught to be the rock/cornerstone of the family, Work long hard hours, never see the family or kids grow up, it takes a toll on the soul.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts