Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some articles on this system.

Any pros or cons?

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm using their competition kit with one 10 pound bottle, so far it's working ok. I have a hard time getting the HPA bottle refilled, may go to nitrogen (easier to get) refills. Still working on keeping my bottle pressure regulated. Out here we qualify in the heat and then race at night, the temp can vary 30* or so. If I keep my bottle temp in the proper range it seems to be fine other than if the pressure gets too high it's difficult to purge it down with the push bottle turned on. You will need more than one push bottle or a way to refill it at the track:confused:

·
H&H Racing
10,919 Posts
From what ive seen they look like a compressed air tank for a paintball gun.witch you can get filled at your local scuba shop or paintball shop. they make fill kits that adapt to a big scuba tank looks like a 20lbs nitrous bottle.to fill the lilttle ones

·
Registered
69 Posts
I take mine to a paintball field about 25 miles away to get them filled.
The push bottles are filled to 4500 psi. Local scuba shops around here dont fill over 3500 psi. Its expensive to get the mother bottle and fill setup. You need at least 5000 psi HPA or Nitrogen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a regulator from the local gas supply house and put it on a nitrogen bottle the same size as a 10# nitrous bottle and plumbed it to the nitrous bottle with a 4an line to a check valve into the nitrous bottle valve. Works great. nitrogen refills are about 17 dollars and last thru two nitrous bottles in the summer. nitogen bottle pressure is 2300

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nano system refills

I bought the CGA 347 valve from Brad at NANO and went to a shop that deals with fire fighter breathing systems. The used bottle cost me $200 and I just go to the fire station by me and they fill it for free. The big bottle is rated fo 5000 psi. The mother bottle can fill the small bottles 10 to 15 times, great for track purposes. Something to keep in mind with these systems is you have to keep the nitrous bottles cool or the NANO system wont regulate the bottle pressure or flow.

·
Registered
74 Posts
bottle temp

You need to keep the nitrous bottle at 70 degrees or below, I keep cold gel packs on my bottle in the heat of the day. If you have a full nitrous bottle you need a NANO bottle with 4500 psi of pressure to get the nitrous bottle regulated for the first time, after that it doesnt have to be that high. I gained 4 mph in the quarter mile with this system so if its worth the money ? you decide ?? I like it because I never have to worry about bottle pressure now that I know the in and outs of the system.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I have TWO systems coming w/ 15# bottles for the Duster, we will be testing it at Drag Week... I'll keep you guys up to date on how things work out..

Monte Smith will be assisting in the tune. :party :supz:

And yes, in speaking with them, you MUST keep the temp and bottle pressure down so the system can do what it was intended to do.. The whole concept is that it keeps the pressure the same from the hit all the way through the end, and in turn keeps the density of the charge consistent.

We will soon see, as long as it doesn't hurt parts I am willing to stick with it til we determine its value. Sounds like it has worked good for you already.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I didn't hear about any temp sticker :rolleyes: I think I have been doing it all wrong from the beginning, I thought that the pressure needed to be about 1050 psi. I have been heating the bottles in warm water or with a blanket and then changing them every 1 - 2 runs.
The information you get with the kit is zero

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I didn't hear about any temp sticker :rolleyes: I think I have been doing it all wrong from the beginning, I thought that the pressure needed to be about 1050 psi. I have been heating the bottles in warm water or with a blanket and then changing them every 1 - 2 runs.
The information you get with the kit is zero
You CAN'T heat the bottle and jack the pressure up. If you jack the pressure up like that you will cause the nitrous to bubble, or get bubbles in it, as it has been explained to me from Tom Sr. @ NANO. I may have it wrong, but I don't think so. He was talking about icing the bottle down to keep the pressure down. I will know a LOT more next week. The NANO guys are possibly going to Drag Week to be involved in this whole deal.

·
Registered
74 Posts
NANO

You need to keep the nitrous bottle cool and when the NANO bottle is opened it will raise the nitrous bottle pressure to 1075 or close to that and when the nitrous solonoid opens the nitrous bottle pressure will fall to around 975 flowing and stay there throughout the run. So you need to keep this in mind for jetting, if you let the nitrous bottle get too hot the NANO sysyem cannot regulate the bottle and will not come on, you should hear the check valve open in the NANO bottle when you turn it on, if it doesnt come on it will also be rich, hope this helps. You did call and get your new jetting from NANO ???

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Kinda sounds like a PITA.
Your right, but so does playing around with bottle temps in a heater til you get it just right, or sitting there with a torch cause a bottle is cold on a cool night and you can't get the heat in it, or purging 2 pounds out of it to get the pressure right on. With this approach you just keep the bottle cool, then let the NANO system do the work. Don't even have to bother freaking out about pressure while getting ready to stage. I guess I will see how I like it pretty soon.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.