Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright yesterday i went fishing for the day and while walking threw the woods on the rivers bank i found this thing just chillin..i figured i would check it out and see what it is but it had me stumped..I do know its a gm because it had a gm exh mani still on one side of it..30ft away there was another engine in the river..

First pic you see the block has an F on it..oh yeah..tell me where the spark plugs go?? lol

you see this says F10 on the back..its the only numbers on the back there are none on deck where most chevys i know have the block numbers

2 bolt main and yeah she was either in ther river or been sitting for a long time

water pump still on her

The funky head..makes me think poncho maybe?

as you see in this last pic above i dug my hand under the valve covers..i was trying to find the damn spark plug holes and it wasnt in the valve cover..

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man i didnt get 1 bite yesterday nore did my brother an law....we where only setup for a certain fish though yesterday seeing there making there run up the rivers now and theres a contest for the next 2 weeks who ever gets the biggest wins a boat..i forgot the name of the fish though..i never heard it in my life till yesterday..

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GM DIESEL. Very rare worth tens of thousands.. You should go back and carry it home...lol..
lol yeah that fucker looked heavy aint no way im carrying it back..not to mention you would have to pull it up a 75' hill that is at a 60 percent incline..

now the other motor in the river looked like a sb of some sort..river is high by feet right now so i could get to that one an see what it was in some weeks...im in new england so theres alot of old shit floating around these woods..

i was kayaking the other week and in the middle of no where i spotted a house threw the tree line..shit was very old looking..

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's definitely an Olds V-8. It's hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like a later model 350. The spark plugs holes are in the indention between the exhaust ports. You can't see them in the photo because they would be facing the ground. These motors were popular in boats for some reason. That one obviously is not worth salvaging. BTW, it could also be a GM 5.7L diesel. They used very similar castings to the Olds V-8's. It would still have glow plugs and/or injectors where the spark plugs used to go. It's been a long time since I've seen one, so I don't remember exactly.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Rusty Junk,hows that for a name LOL

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
casting # sure would be helpful. Just from eye-fucking it, looks like either a Pontiac gas motor or an Olds Diesel. Should have tipped it over and gotten a better pic of the heads

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Yep, pulled dozens of those Oldsmobile diesels out and installed gas engines in thier place, even converted a few back to gas engines. Wow, I'm getting old!! :rolleyes:

Assuming that is the diesel, it definitly is an Olds engine, hard to tell the details on my phone, though..

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jeff kitchen you might be right..i think it is more an olds then anything..it had a carb intake on it..well atleast from what i could see it didn

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
At the bottom of a hill, I bet it rolled down the hill with hopes of going down into the river.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
looks to me like an olds V8 diesel

1 - 20 of 46 Posts