Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a bunch of searching, old NOS jet charts, new NOS jet charts, ?!?!? I'm more confused then when I started. What I am searching for is a safe, relatively idiot proof 100HP and 150HP tune up for my ? year old NOS super powershot kit. I don't plan to compete with the system, this is simply an additional "treat" for the odd Friday night drags. (hopefully not leading to EVERY time LOL)

Car is a 79 Camaro, hopefully under 3400# with driver this year, 5500 flash stall/TH350/4.56 gears/9x29.5 bias slick. Ran (several years ago) 10.75's @ 125 MPH with consistant 1.44 60' times at a track some 1600' lower elevation, crossing at 6850 RPM. (race weight at that time was about 3550 #)

Engine is a 406 small block/Scat forged crank and rods, Wiseco 14.4:1 compression pistons (calculated), solid roller cam, iron Bowtie heads (ported), Vic Jr intake (ported). Engine made a corrected 600 HP at 6100 RPM, down around 15 HP at 6500. Made it's best power at 34.5 degrees timing and 1400 degrees exhaust temp. Jetting was leaned out to achieve the same exhaust temp once installed in the car/ran at the track. (Same headers and pyro taken from car for the dyno time) Fuel is Sunoco Supreme (blue, 112 octane). Ignition is MSD (was 7AL-3, now will be digital 7) HVC-II coil, crank trigger, MSD 8.5 wires, Autolite plugs. Fuel system is 4 gal cell, -8 lines to and from Holley Black pump, Autometer in car pressure gauge, Holley blue pump regulator, -6 lines to an 850 double pumper. would always maintain 8+ PSI down the track.

I do plan to reduce this pressure to about 6 PSI so I don't have to run the needle and seat adjustments cranked down. (more available fuel in the bowls)

Can I tie into one of the carb supply lines?
If not, can I tee off the main supply to go to a dedicated NOS fuel regulator?

What should I start out with for fuel and nitrous jetting for both the 100 and 150 kit? What about the amount of timing retard? What about fuel pressure? I presume if I set the system fuel pressure with the nitrous plate in a bucket with the 150 HP fuel jet I'll be good to go with either kit. (fuel pressure wise)

Any help/suggestions appreciated. Would like to crack off a high 9 second pass to crush a rival racer. Muahahaha :evil:

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
i would go off the main line to a seperate regulator...never tuned much on a small kit like these.6 would be a good place to start

100hp i would 6 and 8 (will be a little to much depending on your fuel type)on a 150 to start and read plugs..if you know someone with a flow guage it would help alot.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would go off the main line to a seperate regulator...never tuned much on a small kit like these.6 would be a good place to start

100hp i would 6 and 8 (will be a little to much depending on your fuel type)on a 150 to start and read plugs..if you know someone with a flow guage it would help alot.

Gotcha on the second regulator. 6 PSI fuel pressure to start then? (flowing)

With your second sentance are you referring to timing retard? (6 and 8 )

What should I start out with for the jets, the factory NOS jets with the bigger fuel/smaller nitrous jet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts