Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
18,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to locate a place that will rent me bottles. Seems everytime I try to get a refill no one around here has any!

Called several welding supply places, all they carry is the Medical Grade.......... Why the hell would they carry Medical Grade? You telling me dentists go to a welding supply company for N2O???

Called Airgas, they tell me they have to send a salesman out to do a site survey before they can consider renting me a bottle. WTF?

I told her I use it for drag racing. I want the Non-Medical Grade with sulphur in it. She said yes, it is the Non-Medical Grade but there are new Federal Laws about who is allowed to buy it.....

How/where do any of you get your bottles????

I'm in Central NJ.

· Banned
18,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How in the world did you get the medical grade stuff?

I thought you needed a liscense or permit to get that stuff. I can't see that happening in NJ.

I'll check with Ken, thanks Tony.

· Banned
18,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In case I actually get my hands on a bottle, would the following be enough to get the job done:

Some type of stand to mount the mother bottle upside down, I doubt they have a siphon tube inside them.

An adapter to convert the fitting on the mother bottle to a -4 AN, a high-pressure 1/4 turn valve, a really short line to connect that to the small bottle, a filter in between.

Put the small bottle on a scale, make sure it's a lot cooler than the mother bottle. I've watched people turn the small bottle up and down while filling, they were also using a pump. I don't plan on using a pump.

Is a pressure gauge necessary? Small bottle gets filled by weight, pressure shouldn't matter. If it's too warm I know I won't be able to fill it all the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.