Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been a Nitrous guy as long as I can remember but I am in the mood to try something new so I am going Turbo but I have no idea where to start. I have a nitrous small block that I just acquired and I am looking for some information on what I would need to do to convert it to a Turbo.

Engine specs:
-Race Prepped Motown Block
-Eagle Forged Rotating Assembly with the L-19 Rod bolts
-JE Pistons 13.5 compression
-Roller Camshaft .690 Lift
-Brodix Track I heads that have been worked and they flow 300 cc and 700 lift

The motor was setup for nitrous and was told that will handle 400-500 hp of the juice. My plan is to get Wilson Manifolds to switch it over to EFI and slap a Turbo on it.

What on the engine should I change or should I start with something different, Single Turbo or Twins.... how big can I go? Looking to make as much HP as possible. What is the best computer system to run this off of?

Again I am new to Turbos and don't a know a damn thing please help!! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
we are putting a 106mm on our 388ci sbc with Big Stuff 3

twinn 88mm would also work real good for big hp

we are looking to make 1550hp at the wheels

:-Rock

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
call me tomorrow and i can help you get an idea of what u need to do

chad
813-784-8248

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Hey guys, I have been a Nitrous guy as long as I can remember but I am in the mood to try something new so I am going Turbo but I have no idea where to start. I have a nitrous small block that I just acquired and I am looking for some information on what I would need to do to convert it to a Turbo.

Engine specs:
-Race Prepped Motown Block
-Eagle Forged Rotating Assembly with the L-19 Rod bolts
-JE Pistons 13.5 compression
-Roller Camshaft .690 Lift
-Brodix Track I heads that have been worked and they flow 300 cc and 700 lift

The motor was setup for nitrous and was told that will handle 400-500 hp of the juice. My plan is to get Wilson Manifolds to switch it over to EFI and slap a Turbo on it.

What on the engine should I change or should I start with something different, Single Turbo or Twins.... how big can I go? Looking to make as much HP as possible. What is the best computer system to run this off of?

Again I am new to Turbos and don't a know a damn thing please help!! Thanks!

What car is this going in??? :)

·
Super Moderator
9,251 Posts
Lower the compression (pistons) and change the cam. Make sure the valve train is up to handling the boost and heat.

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
For sure gonna have to change them pistons an a cam for boost.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Twin 88's (Y2k-88's GT47-88 or FI-88X) would be ideal. If not a 106 from Tnetic or Garrett will do....

·
Registered
445 Posts
It really depends on the power level you're aiming for. There are a lot of possibilities. If the sky is the limit, bolt on a pair of 88's, a 106, maybe even a 114.. If you "only" need 1700-1800hp, you might be fine with a pair of 76's and you could also save some $$.. Whichever way you go, you'll definitely want to get some compression out of it.. -Chris

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahaha...Hope things are going well, give me a shout soon I would like to check this "secret" out:)

Are you going to Natural Bridge on Saturday?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All good info thanks for the help, keep it coming I can use as much as I can get!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah we'll be there! It should be a good show.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Depending on your goals you could do a lot.
What are the motor specs?
CID?
Block Hgt?
Rod?
Etc.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts