Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
11,052 Posts
Thats not the engine from that streamliner bike, is it? The Bub 7 or something? It's the same kind of thing. V4, 3000cc, DOHC, 500+ hp

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I can give some details i guess. Pics may have to follow.
I started it 18months ago, with the idea to build a relatively lightweight, simple, and large capacity, top fuel bike using electronic fuel injection and electronic ignition. No mag.
It has no gearbox, and no primary drive belt, the clutch is 100% air - no lockup arms or weights at all, and is mounted directly on the end of the crank. The sprocket to drive the rear wheel is sandwiched between the engine and the clutch - driven by the outer clutch.
Bore is 111.115mm x 78mm stroke, 4valves per cylinder 38mm ex and 45mm in. The head layout is an almost identical to the V&H 2v head they make for the suzuki GS, only i've changed the valve angle a tiny bit and of course doubled up the valves in each cylinder. Port shape and bucket size etc are almost identical.The pattern for the head was the most complicated part, but i made that last after gaining experience on the other patterns first - i made all the patterens for all the castings inc the double barrel throttle bodies, which have all been cast in LM25 and heat and solution treated.

The crank has yet to be made, as have the cams and pistons, the rods will likely be ally BME.

I recently started building the chassis. it's T45 carbon manganese steel, and approx 92in wheelbase, and very long crank to axle.
There is a lot left to do, but i started with the idea it would take 3 years to build and its a little over halfway now.
Funds to finish it will be the biggest challenge!
I've no idea if it will work, and told myself when i started it - that so long as i'm enjoying building it then it really doesn't matter if it's a success or not.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts