Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right gang, here's the scoop. With lots of great input and a potential class sponsor, the OSCA is trying to breathe new life into it's premier naturally aspirated class. Below you'll find the proposed rule set for 2006. In order to make this class happen our sponsor wants to see commitment from any potential class racers. They require a minimum of 8 preregistered racers before they'll commit to the 2006 season. This would be a significant step forward as the payouts for 2006 would be guaranteed. Preregistration would cost $600 for the season. This covers class entry fee but does not cover track fees which will be $40 per race. The payout structure has not been finalized but would be a minimum of $1000 to win. The deadline for preregistration is Jan 31, 2006. Any questions regarding preregistration please PM or email the OSCA. There has been much interest in this class and with your support, we would like nothing more than to see it flourish in 2006.

STREET ELIMINATOR

Naturally aspirated class. No power adders permitted.

Body and chassis:
-Lexan/plexiglass window replacements permitted but must appear stock. No visible bracing, screws, rivets, etc. permitted.
-Functioning lights required.
-Sponsor lettering restricted to vehicle glass only.
-Light weight body panels allowed
-Stock style front suspension required. Bolt in replacement components and traction devices allowed.
-Ladder bars and 4 links permitted. See weight adders below
-Stock fire wall and location required.

Exhaust:
-Mufflers required. Must be commercially available units, no home built mufflers. No gutting of mufflers permitted. No inserts style mufflers
No max pipe diameter

Induction:
-Any type permitted. See weight adders below

Cylinder heads:
-Non Conventional heads add 100 lb. (Canted valve SB, Big Chief style heads, etc.). List of non conventional heads to follow.

Tires:
-29.5x10.5W" slick

Transmission
-Any automatic or manual transmission allowed with the exception of planetary transmissions (no Lencos).
-Any converter OK but all shifts must occur manually by the driver. No automatic shifters

Base weight:
-2800# minimum base weight+2# per ci above 300ci
-Maximum 632ci

Weight adders:
-150# weight adder for clutchless manual transmission
-Ladder bars permitted with 50# weight adder
-4 links allowed with 100# adder
-Two carbs add 100#
-Sheetmetal intake add 50#
-Wheelie bars add 50#

Weight break:
-50# weight break for non forward facing (cowl induction style) hood

Fuel:
-Gasoline only

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
You da' man Mike I think you guys did well,,,opened it up to 632" clutchless,,4-link etc... should be awesome!!! Butch

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
I know I know..... we're cool when we're destroying our cars with wheel stands... sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do I suppose. :-D

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sounds like a great class!! How tough is it going thru customs with a car & trailer, in tow? I like the wheelie bar option. I admit it, I'm a puss!! 8)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
The new rules for the class look great. 8) I am looking forward to running in it this upcoming season! :twisted:

It is time to go buy some small tires!! :p

·
Registered
319 Posts
Customs

Customs is a breeze. We've no racers from south of the border have any issues. They'll let anyone into Canada. Now getting back........that's another story. Make the trip and I guarantee you'll have a good time. We have a lot of fun and the competition and quality of cars is great.

See you at the Bend.

MB

·
The Gear Rower
839 Posts
how fast in general are the cars in this class?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I like the rules but its all 1/8 mile racing

·
Registered
211 Posts
No, it is 1/4 mile and never has been 1/8. We dont have any 1/8 in Ontario that I know of.

Sorry take that back St Thomas makes 7 sec cars run 1/8 some times.
OSCA hasent raced there yet.

·
Registered
319 Posts
OSCA (Canada)

The class should go hi 8's and like Bob said it's all 1/4 mile racing. I think you're mistaking us for OSCA (USA) which is mainly southern 1/8 mile racing. I love 1/8 mile racing but it's not popular in Canada.

MB

·
Registered
318 Posts
I did think you were talking about the southern osca . But they don’t have an N/A class. My mistake.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts