Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to dyno my new setup which is a 363 dart block with trick flow hi-port heads custom cam to work with a s480 turbo anway this is my dilemma.The car made two pulls @ 7p.s.i and made 570hp and this motor is a 10.1 well when it done this right at the top it stubbled alittle which at first we thought was tire spin. so we made a third pull and we lost 70 hp down to 440hp so we tried again same 440hp @ same boost as the first two which made the 570hp so we assumed we lost a hole so we changed the plugs and wires it smoothed the motor out as smoothas a babys bottom but we never regained the 70hp we lost.So we keep going cause the motor showed sucha smooth power graph and we ran out of fuel and at which we were @ 20p.s.i @ 859hp so where did my 70hp go we never got that back.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
went to dyno my new setup which is a 363 dart block with trick flow hi-port heads custom cam to work with a s480 turbo anway this is my dilemma.The car made two pulls @ 7p.s.i and made 570hp and this motor is a 10.1 well when it done this right at the top it stubbled alittle which at first we thought was tire spin. so we made a third pull and we lost 70 hp down to 440hp so we tried again same 440hp @ same boost as the first two which made the 570hp so we assumed we lost a hole so we changed the plugs and wires it smoothed the motor out as smoothas a babys bottom but we never regained the 70hp we lost.So we keep going cause the motor showed sucha smooth power graph and we ran out of fuel and at which we were @ 20p.s.i @ 859hp so where did my 70hp go we never got that back.
If it's a chassis dyno, don't worry about it. Continue on and tune for best HP then get off the rollers.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
That seems weak to me. How much hp do you think it makes NA?? Theoretically if it made 400hp NA it should be in the 920hp range at 20psi. 400×2.3=920hp. I would think 400hp is a very conservative number but I'm a Chevy guy so not used to spitting out Ford hp numbers, LOL!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I started out with a lot less motor with on3 setup and so when I got the bigger and better motor I used what I already had and put on my new motor so I know the motor is definitely choked off pretty bad, but Patrick barnhill said it still should make 1000hp or more when I get it opened up with bigger headers and the whole nine yards but the 70hp that I initially lost was it dyno error or what?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts