Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought i would share some pictures of my project for the winter. It is a 1995 Mustang, stock suspension 25.2/25.3 dual cert car that my buddy and I are trying to have done by June. What do you guys think?

This is what we started with, a plain manual window no option 6 cylinder car that i picked up for $200 with zero rust. I replaced the bumper cover and the Cobra hood. I apoligize that some of the early pictures are crappy cell phone pics.

After a couple of days with a plasma cutter, sawzall, and a ton of cutoff wheels i got it to this point.

The only part of the stock floor that will remain is the suspension mounting points.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The floor structure being built.

And being welded in place.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A few more pictures of the progress. Alot of pics can be see here also. [COLOR=Red]www.psiracingonline.com[/COLOR]

Main hoop all done.

Down Bars and Dash bar done

Mocking up the funny car cage and door bars

Door bars and funny car bars all done

Roof bars all done.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks nice. why did you use what looks to be all 1 5/8" on the floor tho?
There are a couple of reasons, I wanted a completely flat floor in the car (except for the driveshaft tunnel), and I plan on street driving the hell out of this car would make for alot more rigidity in attaching the floor. And I bought more 1 5/8 tubing than we really needed and not enough 1 1/2 and 1 1/4.

·
Registered
210 Posts
There are a couple of reasons, I wanted a completely flat floor in the car (except for the driveshaft tunnel), and I plan on street driving the hell out of this car would make for alot more rigidity in attaching the floor. And I bought more 1 5/8 tubing than we really needed and not enough 1 1/2 and 1 1/4.

just out of curiosity, do the rear "frame rails" have to be 1.625" or 1.500" in the 25.3?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts