Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I and a few friends were going to go to down to Indy. Well in the last week all had stuff come up, so I had this great ideal of taking my 3yr old daughter since she loves Ashley Force and always watches racing with me. Well from my wife to the grandma's all thought this was a bad ideal. When I took my son when he was 3 to Rt66 he lasted 3 hours and I had to bring him home which is only 15min. away. So if she had a problem with the heat or noise or anything she would be stuck and I would have a child not happy and my fun would be ruined too. Well I said she would be fine and you know what I was right this little girl was a trooper from walking almost the whole time to waiting to get stuffed signed she had a blast. she would jump up and down as the cars went down the track. and of course the racers were great with here and made her day. One last thing I didn't get his name but a big thank you to the Super gas racer who gave a ride on his golf cart back to our truck be had a good mile an half walk and he drove by and came back because he didn't want my little girl to have to walk. Yes she was still walking at 10. So to that racer thank you.
Here are some pics if this works.

http://s375.photobucket.com/albums/oo195/newbomb1010/

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Great story, man she's got some pretty eyes!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Nice to hear stories like this , great pictures !!!
Try doing that at a nascar event you can't even get near the pits or cars without some kind of pass much less a driver !
I hate that drag racing doesn't get near as much press time as that other sport !

·
Registered
572 Posts
that is way cool...those pics will be memories of a lifetime for her... i still remember, as if it were yesterday watching don garlits,john wiebee,billy meyer,ongias,arfons,shumacher,etc. back in the early 70's at south texas dragstrips when i was a kid.

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
What a cutie!! Those pictures show exactly why I love this sport. Even the big dogs care about the little dogs. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Very cool to hear she had a great time. I love seeing kids having a great time at the races because it reminds me of all the great times I had as a kid at Cordova.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
stories like that are what makes this sport so great... you got a cutie right there and i'm sure she'll grow up and remember this day forever!

·
Registered
941 Posts
definately a good a good call dad. when she is alittle older and realizes who these people are it will be even more special. bet she fell asleep as soon as you cranked up the car.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Great story ,it looks like she had a good time. I'm suprized she made it through the whole day. Very cute little girl.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts