·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Don't need to know diesel stuff, we'll be all-electric soon! :LOL:

Congrats!

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
I remember when I passed all of the automotive tests. Back then that got you a patch that said certified general mechanic......Meantime some dummy who passed three or four tests looked smarter to the average consumer with his 3-4 patches on his jacket.
Took them a couple of years to wake up and call it a Master Technician.

PS Congrats to your son...the tests today are a whole lot tougher than back then.

·
Registered
759 Posts
congrats to him he has a very good future ahead of him if he can get the company's to pay him right look in the oil or mining industry

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
👍👍

I never spent 5 mins doing any ASE training, but did spend 2 years full time getting an A&P license with a degree. So now I am an AMT with an A&P, woohoo......look at me! (Standing in the rain, sleet, and snow, making you able to go!............to Hawaii, Europe, or some other paradise!).

·
Registered
39 Posts
haven't taken ASE In 6 yrs, company don't pay bonus for any new tests, you are required to be hvy master when hired

·
TD 3550
3,200 Posts
Congrats to him. What field is he thinking of? Class 8 strictly or Heavy Equipment OR???.The industry right now is in so short of a demand and getting worse. Me, 35 years in semi work. Body is tore up.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats to him. What field is he thinking of? Class 8 strictly or Heavy Equipment OR???.The industry right now is in so short of a demand and getting worse. Me, 35 years in semi work. Body is tore up.
He works for a shop now that does a little of everything. 3/4 t, 1 ton to semis, to construction equipment to fabricating which he really likes ( welding).

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Great job proves hard work gets results . Check to see if he's got his masterbation pappers most shops won't hire uncertified jerkoffs

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Congratulations to him! Any skilled labor is in very high demand. People don’t want to work hard anymore.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Congrats. If he starts looking foe another employer look at Utility company’s. Local electric, Electric transmission line company’s, cable-cellular company’s, under ground trenching company’s , natural gas company’s.
I retired after 34 plus years at a Electric Utility, great job. We worked on everything from econo box meter reader cars to bucket, digger trucks, cranes, dozers, wire pulling equipment and trenching equipment. Good pay and benefits . When a storm hits it is open checkboook.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts