Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the dyno yesterday with my bucket o' bolts 89 Dodge diesel and put down 362rwhp on fuel and 854rwhp and 1,758 lb-ft on two .136 jets. Drove home and got 27mpg :rolleyes: Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00K_WId44EM

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FYI motor is a stock 89, with 230K on it. Head has o-rings to help seal, and arp studs, but that's it for the long block. I don't know what the BMEP is at 1,758 lb-ft, but it's gotta be pretty silly.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
whats done to it ?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Specs are:

62mm S300, 60psi
NX two-stage nitrous
14mm VE injection pump and 5x25 injectors by Scheid Diesel
OD trans out of a later model (47RH)
3.07 gears
Stock cam, pistons, etc.

It's been a project for DP magazine for the past few years, but I never made the power I was hoping to until just recently. Google "Project rust bucket" to see more on it. It does have a transbrake and I have a set of 33x10.5W's for it, but I doubt it would hook.....it's not really for that, just a fun project.

J&H Performance, Brown's Diesel, and Big Power Diesel have all been a big help with it.

·
Pontiac NUT
6,278 Posts
Nice. I would love to see the look of someone racing that beast as it walks away.:)

·
Banned...Four Times
40,200 Posts
Specs are:

62mm S300, 60psi
NX two-stage nitrous
14mm VE injection pump and 5x25 injectors by Scheid Diesel
OD trans out of a later model (47RH)
3.07 gears
Stock cam, pistons, etc.

It's been a project for DP magazine for the past few years, but I never made the power I was hoping to until just recently. Google "Project rust bucket" to see more on it. It does have a transbrake and I have a set of 33x10.5W's for it, but I doubt it would hook.....it's not really for that, just a fun project.

J&H Performance, Brown's Diesel, and Big Power Diesel have all been a big help with it.
Sounds fun. If you could make that thing hook it would be silly. Congrats on getting it where you wanted it. :drinkers:

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
anything bigger than 6x16's won't make power... you need twins... and a cam... (just kidding lol)

glad you went your own route and tore up the old ve record by a mile.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
thats a kick ass sleeper

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been following your build from the first article.
You've had your ups and downs with the build, but its a great read!

Congrats on the new numbers.
Thanks man! I still remember when it made 170rwhp on the first pull, and I was impressed cause the engines were only rated at 160 flywheel hp stock.

As a kid when I read car mags, it always seemed like they just published their successes, or that the projects just disappeared after a while, so now that I work for one, I wanted to see this one through, good and bad, and I feel that I have... (well, other than paint) :p. I don't think the stock parts can take much more.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Sending you my 01 Cummins. Oh yeah whats that address. Congrats that thing is BAD ASS!!!!!

·
Banned...Four Times
40,200 Posts
Thanks man! I still remember when it made 170rwhp on the first pull, and I was impressed cause the engines were only rated at 160 flywheel hp stock.

As a kid when I read car mags, it always seemed like they just published their successes, or that the projects just disappeared after a while, so now that I work for one, I wanted to see this one through, good and bad, and I feel that I have... (well, other than paint) :p. I don't think the stock parts can take much more.
You want to push the limits on a 6.4 Ford? My truck is available. LOL!

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
So what was the puff of smoke and.shot of flames off the engine at the 21 second.mark?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts