Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great race to say the least with a crazy amount of quality cars. Now for the down side, This race has to get over at a decent time 6 to 7pm at the latest or I feel this race will eventually suffer because people want to see finals but when you have 10 to 15 hour drive it makes for a super long night to watch finals and then take off driving.. so how does this happen? If you're going to run 32 car fields you have to run 1 round of eliminations Saturday night, If you don't qualify those cars need to go home because there shouldn't be a 2nd chance race. Index racing, when you're out go home no buy backs period and start these classes at 8am (weather permitting) so heads up stuff starts at 10 and stays on track last but not least no bracket racing because of the limited amount of time. These are just my thoughts and not meant to be a slam just trying to figure out how to make this race better for everyone including fans watching the show.

Last but least limit each car to 1 class. It becomes almost impossible for even someone like myself to figure out the difference in the classes when you see a car running 2 or 3 classes and I think it would do wonders for the announcers to explain each class before they run for a minute so fans understands what the difference is between ODR and Radial VS the World and so on.

Great race again and we'll be back again.

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
I think it's grown to be big enough to be heads up only.

·
RAKER
3,365 Posts
I do agree with trying to differentiate between the different classes. Maybe I'm just retarded, but at first I was wondering why I saw radial cars running with the outlaw cars. Guess I need to read up on the rules first.

Great race to say the least with a crazy amount of quality cars. Now for the down side, This race has to get over at a decent time 6 to 7pm at the latest or I feel this race will eventually suffer because people want to see finals but when you have 10 to 15 hour drive it makes for a super long night to watch finals and then take off driving.. so how does this happen? If you're going to run 32 car fields you have to run 1 round of eliminations Saturday night, If you don't qualify those cars need to go home because there shouldn't be a 2nd chance race. Index racing, when you're out go home no buy backs period and start these classes at 8am (weather permitting) so heads up stuff starts at 10 and stays on track last but not least no bracket racing because of the limited amount of time. These are just my thoughts and not meant to be a slam just trying to figure out how to make this race better for everyone including fans watching the show.

Last but least limit each car to 1 class. It becomes almost impossible for even someone like myself to figure out the difference in the classes when you see a car running 2 or 3 classes and I think it would do wonders for the announcers to explain each class before they run for a minute so fans understands what the difference is between ODR and Radial VS the World and so on.

·
Bracket Racer
2,235 Posts
I'm an index racer, but I too think that it Is big enough to be heads up only. I agree with everything that Bill said in his post. Wish we could have made it, maybe next time.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Agreed. The buy backs were a knife in the side of some of the heads up guys trying to get 2 qualifiers in on Saturday not to mention get the Eliminations finished at a decent hour on Sunday. I am by no means a promoter but I don't under stand the need for the index racing at this event. I believe there were more than enough heads up cars to keep the action going all day long. I'm not even going to mention open comp.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Try it in February and see what happens.....

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
I agree take the index racing out and open comp then add in Real Street 275 for a filler class that is heads up and catered towards a real street car that you would see on the street driving, but would still be scared to race because you know its fast.

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
I do agree with trying to differentiate between the different classes. Maybe I'm just retarded, but at first I was wondering why I saw radial cars running with the outlaw cars. Guess I need to read up on the rules first.
That was simple and we did it too.

Had some work to do but lost Wednesday to weather and Thursday was shortened by weather. Only option was to enter 2 classes. Friday there was a big gap between Outlaw 10.5W and Radial v World so quite a few of us entered 10.5W to double up on hits each day Friday and Saturday.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Too many classes. It's great that so many cars show up, but it's too much. How about start on Thursday, qualify all index classes by Friday, last of the big classes qualified by Saturday while running index eliminations. Run only the big classes Sunday. At least that way as a spectator you can choose what day you make it out and you have some wiggle room for oil-downs.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Great race to say the least with a crazy amount of quality cars. Now for the down side, This race has to get over at a decent time 6 to 7pm at the latest or

Agreed!

·
Idiot Savant
168,448 Posts
I don't know about any of that.....but if you guys would kick Tim off the starting line and make him stay in the booth, I'd sure appreciate it...:-D

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
This is problem with all races that grow well, the Throw Down in T-Town was the same way this year.. Finals @ 4am (there was a bad crash that slowed the race 1.5 hours but that would still have the finals @ 2:30 AM)

These events really needs to look at what they can feasibly finish and adjust the schedules and classes to get the races over @ a reasonable time

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I also agree with Bill, but really what the heck is a promoter supposed to do? RSVP before an event? great show with a crazy car count for once....usually can't get enough cars to even make a show....Ill bet not nearly the car count in feb due to the weather....I say fine tune just a little, and give it another try next year and see what happens

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I disagree with 1 car 1 class bc you might not have a full 32 car field without them in some classes and I think the second chance race is a good thing bc there were 90 entries in x275 that's 58 racers that would feel like they waisted a trip and that sucks for anyone but I do agree with finishing earlier

·
Registered
680 Posts
That is some good points but you have to look at like a business in some outlook .got make money or you can keep doing it.my 2 cents

·
Registered
261 Posts
as a index racer i would have to say that we are the ones in the chopping block at most races BUT this is a SGMP race for the index and open comp. as a index racer it is my choice to drive 10-15 hors to make a race that will pay the same as a local race. i choose to be part of the event adding to it and not taking from it.

once the index and open comp is gone what will be next 275??????? lets all get to the lanes when we are supposed to and not big show someone by taking your time to get the the lanes to run last. if there was a 15 minute 3 call to the lanes and then they were shut this would speed up the time.

i will be there in FEB if the track will have me!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Why not run the index race sat while heads up qualifies and only heads up on sunday?

I would also like to say if this race was at MIR it would be the sickness..... :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
u gotta have 2nd car fields!!!! i cant beleive bill said that.... come u got guys coming from all over the country with 90 cars this time in x275 well that car count would drop to 40-50 with only a 32 car field cause people wouldnt drive that far with a chance of not racing...Thats just my 2 cents...I think the race is big enough that everyone just takes another day off work n stay the night n party with winners!!!

1 - 20 of 257 Posts