Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
16,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a newbie and outsider I have made some obsevations and heard remarks over the last few months. I'll share my thoughts with you. I'll have no ill feelings if you rip me, and say I don't know what I'm talking about, but I just thought it might help.

First the NSCA website still has no information on pricing or joining. Maybe I'm stupid but I can't find it so if it's there it should be more visible.
The payout still does nothing when you click on it. I had brought this to everyones attention on the NSCA board three months ago and also talked to Tony on the phone. Nothing has changed!!!!

Why do you have to join to run one event??? This was the complaint I heard. I have had peple tell me they can't afford the amount it cost for one weekend. I also had some local racers I knew racing at Cecil and made comments about how expensive it was!!!

If you want the attendance to increase, couldn't you lower the price for those who are locals just running one event?? My son was going to go to Cecil until he heard the cost. I think this could bring a lot of one time locals to each event.

The more local racers that race the more local fans and spectators.

Get on the local web sites in each town for each event. There are people from all over the country on here, even Canada. Ask the people in the area of the next event what is the good local web sites to post the event on. IT'S FREE!!!! COST YOU KNOTHING BUT TIME. I did it on 70 web sites. I understand the car show was the biggest ever!!!! Next year it will be 150 cars if I'm involved and do the same FREE advertising.

I think the key is to get the locals involved.

Don't schedule your event the same as others. We had the Ford Motorsport Nationals within 100 miles. I think you could have had another 50 cars in both the show and races if this wasn't going on.

OK, I'm done now so tell me to shut up!!! :shock:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Ray I agree with you on making everyone sign up for points to race. I had one guy in the American super Car Challenge who was thinking about running EFI but backed out cause it was too much when you added the entry fee of $125 and the sign up fee ( I forget how much).

On the web site, like the video I was having trouble with, I think it is your machine having trouble with the payout as I see them fine. I offered to help with the web site. Tony explained to me that the webmaster is not really a racer and is not really receptive to changes he asks for. I offered to help but he said the webmaster won't share the access.

I think bracket racing should be part of the event though I understand it has been in the past and proved not to be successful.

·
16,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They need to FIRE the webmaster and hire a new one. 3 month and nothing has changed. GOOD THING THESE PEOPLE DON'T WORK FOR ME, BEACUSE THEY WOULDN'T!!!! To be successful you need results, if you can't get them with the people you have, get the right one!!!:evil:

·
16,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They need to FIRE the webmaster and hire a new one. 3 months and nothing has changed. GOOD THING THESE PEOPLE DON'T WORK FOR ME, BEACUSE THEY WOULDN'T!!!! To be successful you need results, if you can't get them with the people you have, get the right ones!!! It took me a while to hire the right people, but I now have them. Am I tough to work for, not if you do your job. If I'm so tough, why have 3 of my employees been working for me for over 15 years, two with over 10 years and 3 with over 5. 2 rookies. :evil:

·
16,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do that when I'm ranting!!!! I'm afraid of heights and afraid I might fall off the soap box!!!:cry:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have a webmaster ready and waiting. They can do it from soup to nuts, e-commerce, message board, the whole deal. They are up to their eyeballs in drag racing, know what it takes to run a series, employ a staff to make changes, additions, deletions, post results and can respond. This is not a volunteer deal, but is what the organization needs short of a full time (expensive) webmaster and would cost a fraction of that. In fact, with advance ticket sales, souvenirs, entries and such, it could maybe pay it's own way.

I'll toss it out in Milan and see what pops.

As for temporary membership, see the Rumble Street Rules proposal up top. I proposed that several years ago, and still support the idea. This would include anyone, local or just dipping the toe in the water to fully participate for two events prior to being required to sign up as a full year member. Temp fees would be credited to the final figure as well. I speak from experience when I say that would hook more than one racer to come out and play with us. I was hooked after my first! (2001)

As for the overschedules, that's just a fact of the industry. There are so many events to pack into a 52 week year with weather and climate factored in, it's just gonna happen. This I will give to Tony and the crew that they truly make every attempt to avoid this. Sometimes when you're scheduling around NHRA, IHRA, Super Chevy, Mopar, UDRA, OSCA and who know what local bracket programs, the choices get really tough. Last year Milan competed with NHRA and benefited from late Sunday arrivals of first round runners up in Stock and Super Stock. We just need to make lemonaide out of that whenever possible. (Anyone for Sunday Morning qualifying or bottom of the ladder additions of overnite riders from Maritin?)

Stuttering aside, this string and Mark's are bringing out some good ideas. What we need is a good FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) where any and all ideas are thrown out, ridiculous or otherwise, then each is analyzed down until solutions arise from the mix.

So, keep the ideas (or idears if you're from back east) coming!

I think the changes can be pretty basic:
Keep the classes with car counts, rolling similar classes into them (AM/EFI, good example)
Leave the working classes alone (NSS)
Trim Head's up (Like Orlando)
Combine P/S and P/O
Stabilize the Rules
Regionalize the Schedule

(I'm not claiming the changes as my idea, it's been put up here previously by others, I just sumarized)

Thanks, all.

·
16,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great ideas, we need everyones brain storming input no matter how stupid it may sound. This is how it's done!!! Just like in business you have to listen to the customers and the employees. Sometimes your lowest paid employee comes up with the best ideas!!! 8)

·
Registered
967 Posts
i am all for letting the martin guys come in sunday for a qualifier to be placed on the ladder.

May have to make it and all qualify so the Saturday guys get 4 total

Mike I ahve seen a few mention combination of AM and EFI. I know why I would want to combine them (provided we keep AM tree) but why would AM guys want combination as AM seems to be doing okay car countwise?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I'm sure there would be dissent among both classes if they were combined. Bottom line is too many classes and the combination of the two truly would not affect either group other than perhaps creating more rounds, especially for EFI.

Have you looked at Rumble Street Rules? It's basically a combination of AM, NMC, EFI and tosses street rods and sport compacts into the mix for a complete nostalgia vs. modern street race format set to legal venue. I keep pushing it, but do see by the few numbers of responses that it probably won't happen.

Although, there was a great little class series around the midwest that "everybody" said they would build and run and guess what? 6 cars showed up. Maybe popularity of theory isn't necessarily an indication of reality???

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I would like to make 1 statement here then I 'll go back to my corner since I 've not raced yet this year.
Why would we let the PRO people come in Sunday morning , When 1st they weren't here all weekend to entertain the fans. 2nd they will fill up classes , BUT they aren't full anyway so they will take more money than they pay in for entrance fees. 3rd all that I 've heard on the NSCA board is about how favoritism is ruining our org. Yet people want to hold up the ladder for racers that are coming from PRO. Isn't that the same thing? If it's good for them why can't I so up Sunday make 1 hit and get in the ladder?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
MamaJAMA said:
[

'cause then you'll miss all the fun...
:supz: :party :supz:

all ya do Sunday is race, pack-up, then drive home.
Hi Mama, I agree! Iwas just trying to make point that if your going to compete a race or a series , you need to do it all weekend . Would NHRA let John Force come in Sunday make 1 run and put him in the ladder?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts