Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's a Small Twin Screw but a twin screw none the less. :smt110

This will be a fun index car to learn how to read the track and make the proper suspension changes. Gen 3 Small Block Chevy with an auto and race gas.

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Thats gonna be a TORQUE monster!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
My Kenne-Bell twin screw supercharger, on a stock block 302 (Edelbrock aluminum heads).. Made 486 ft lbs of rwtq at only 2600 rpms..

Those screw blowers do make some off idle torque..

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I hope this makes up the fun factor for ditching the turbo's
It's true that a screw blower will give you a lot of "part throttle" torque.. That will give a small motor a big block feel.. I could whip up on most cars on the street, and never go full throttle.. Just short shifting and going maybe 1/2 throttle between gears was usally enough..

BUT... When I went with a 383 ci motor with an 88mm turbo.. The torque it produced made the twin screwed 302 feel like a worn out 4 banger.. Granted, this was a high boost "race only" setup.. And it was impossible to hold full throttle on the street for more than 2 seconds.. Any mph... Any gear..

The moral of this story.... A twin screw setup is going to have some tall boots to fill to make up the fun factor of a twin turbo setup...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
10:1 compression, 116 octane and 30lbs of boost, all she has to do is run 8.50's @ 3100lbs

a milder motor made 900hp 850tq on 91pump gas and 19lbs
I've got to say, 8.50's and 30 lbs of boost out of a blower that size seems overly optimistic to me.. That would take nearly 160 mph in the quarter to do that.. 9.50's out of THAT blower would be fantastic..

That milder motor on 91 octane.. What ET did it run ??

I'm not slam'n screw blowers, cause I've owned ans loved them.. The the one thing I've learned from dealing with blowers and turbo's is this... Size matters :) ..

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
it actually a larger than it looks....

What size KB do would you think this is from the pictures?
Kinda looks like the mammoth.:smt102

1 - 13 of 13 Posts