Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope to get this on after the "lights out" race at that of the month. Going to go down there for one last try to go fast with the carb then change it over when we get back.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Very nice

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Looks kickass! Wish I would've bought that thing when I had the chance....:rolleyes: I can't wait to here how it works out for you.

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some 160lbers off a friends SSO car. not sure of the brand.

·
Registered
230 Posts
very nice. Would like to hear how it compares to the carb performance wise.

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks kickass! Wish I would've bought that thing when I had the chance....:rolleyes: I can't wait to here how it works out for you.
Don't give up, everything is for sell for the right price:)

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
very nice. Would like to hear how it compares to the carb performance wise.
Trust me, you'll here all about it thru Ned's tears.

I think they'll be some in it, mostly because of better control of the fuel curve thru out run and being able to put some more to it. But only time will tell. plus my old manifold was a standard Victor, not even a super victor and the port match was off by quite a bit to the heads, so I'm hoping there's a little power there too.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Very nice

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,035 Posts
Is that plumbed as two dry kits? Is that throttle body staged? Looks like primaries and secondaries open at the same time. If so, good luck! Mine used to be non-staged, made driving though the pits and doing burnouts a pain in the ass. Not sure how much power you will be making, but you may want to put a Y-Block in the rear to feed each fuel rail and then T the front of the rails into the regulator. I have seen problems with the last two cylinders to be fed fuel running leaner than the rest. This was with batch-fired systems.

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes two dry kits, but it'll be on one most of the time. Yes it is a progressive throttle linkage. It's a Wilson piece on loan to me. The fine folks at BES warned me right off to make sure that it wasn't a 1:1.

I haven't decided how to plumb the rails just yet, the line on there is just on there playing around, I'll take it into consideration when the real plumbing is done. The system will be sequential so it should be able to be trimmed out if necessary. It makes somewhere in the 1600-1700hp range with the carb so hope at least that on the EFI. If not, I'll have a damn fine EFI manifold for sale ;)

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,035 Posts
Don't worry about the power. While I have seen engines make slightly less power on a dyno when EFI was used in place of a carb, the EFI was quicker at the track. You know the saying, we don't race dynos! Plus, with the data-logging and dry nitrous control of a good EFI system you will never, ever want to go back to a carb. Fatcat mentioned this adds 75lbs to you? Does he think the EFI system will weigh more or do the rules state you must add 75lbs to your car because you are running EFI? If it is the latter, that will re-affirm my engine dyno statement.

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't worry about the power. While I have seen engines make slightly less power on a dyno when EFI was used in place of a carb, the EFI was quicker at the track. You know the saying, we don't race dynos! Plus, with the data-logging and dry nitrous control of a good EFI system you will never, ever want to go back to a carb. Fatcat mentioned this adds 75lbs to you? Does he think the EFI system will weigh more or do the rules state you must add 75lbs to your car because you are running EFI? If it is the latter, that will re-affirm my engine dyno statement.
The series I eun in Louisville adds #75 for aftermarket fuel injection, that's what he's talking about. It's several lbs lighter actually. Not sure I agree with the added weight, but I knew the rule going in, so I can't complain. We're focused more on some other series now and they don't have similar rules, so if we have to add a few for that particular race, so be it.

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,035 Posts
The series I eun in Louisville adds #75 for aftermarket fuel injection, that's what he's talking about. It's several lbs lighter actually. Not sure I agree with the added weight, but I knew the rule going in, so I can't complain. We're focused more on some other series now and they don't have similar rules, so if we have to add a few for that particular race, so be it.
See, there ya go. They know the the EFI will probably out-run a carb. I know what I've seen on the dyno and I also know what I've seen on the track.

If carbs are so good they why do they make you add weight? :)

There is a VERY LONG thread on Speedtalk about carb vs. EFI and most people down-talk the EFI, yet in your series they make you add weight. Go-figure..............

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
See, there ya go. They know the the EFI will probably out-run a carb. I know what I've seen on the dyno and I also know what I've seen on the track.

If carbs are so good they why do they make you add weight? :)

There is a VERY LONG thread on Speedtalk about carb vs. EFI and most people down-talk the EFI, yet in your series they make you add weight. Go-figure..............

Good luck!
I think what OVOS really had in mind when they wrote that rule was forced-induction EFI cars . . . .

Carb vs. EFI on nitrous is probably much closer. . . . .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts