Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom Doris Gallo in Farmington Maine is in the hospitial from emphysema, she had a bad asthma attack on jan 17th and her breathing stopped , and my dad called 911 ,and with the paramedics she went into cardiac arrest twice from hypoxia (no oxygen), after 9 minutes of CPR they got her restarted and thats where were at now, shes been on a breathing/feeding tube in Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston,Maine since, and tomorrow is the day their gonna take out the tube , she was breathing with the machine turned off tuesday for 2.20 hours and yesterday for an 1-1/2 hours and then almost 2 hours today and then they have to turn it back on cause it wears her down fast, so tomorrows the big day, and she made it very clear thismorning to the doctors and us that if she can't do it to let her go :( and no matter what do not recessate her :( this sucks its my mom dammit she just turned 67 dec 18th , So please any and all prayers would be greatly appreciated , she's a cool woman ,a awesome mom and a great wife, she's always been there for us no matter what good or bad ,myself Bryan and my two brothers, Joey my older brother and Jeff my younger brother were all 3 years apart and of coarse my dad Joe who is the best Dad ever as is my Mom. So please again pray away for her guys this is the hardest thing we've ever had to deal with, Thanks,Bryan Gallo.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Prayers sent, but as a RN that has dealt with very similar patients with COPD, please make sure you spend the day with her and let her know how much you love her and anything else you want to talk ro her about. Basically, trying to tell you in a nice way that you will pribably be saying goodbye to her. Hate to say it but rather you tell her what you need to now than not say what you want to and have her pass away and then regret it later. Sorry that she is in bad shape man, may pull through ok this time and hope she does, but in case she cant, go be with her.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
She will be in our prayers for sure. I hope everything goes good for her. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.