Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
WHO DAT???
15,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my LSx turbo manifolds. These are some LS7 C6 Z06 exhaust manifolds. There are twin wall with some stainless steel mesh type insulation in between the runners and the outside skin.

Once the V-band clamps are installed I will reduce the tubing from the 3" to 2 1/2 to get some velocity.

Here's some GM pictures of what the inner runner of the manifolds look like.

My plans are to install EGT bungs at each runner, V-band clamps, ceramic coat them, then wrap them. My thoughts are these should work well as to retain the heat. That heat should aid in spooling the turbo or turbos.

Any thoughts???
-Dave

·
WHO DAT???
15,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep the 3", don't reduce to 2.5"

I assume yours are 3". If so, no problems spooling the 106 with the 364cid?

Also, about those dual HKS wastegates. Are two 60mm gates needed? I have one HKS GT II 60mm, I was thinging that would be sufficent. Those are some expensive wastegates.

Bad ass looking car you have! Nicely done too!!!

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Wow, no comments. So no one has anthing positive or negative to say about these? Please feel free to critique them....

-Dave
what size turbo is on your lsx and what cube's is it

looks like u got some good parts on it-:drinkers:

Thanks

Nick--

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thanks Dave!

I think my two 60mm gates are overkill but i had them and didn't want to go through the hastle of trying to sell them and then get two smaller ones. I have experimented back and forth between one gate, two gates, one gate, two gates and have finally settled with two gates-better response-better control.

Oh, as for your other question-No problems spooling at all!

I tried the 2.5" crossover on my old 345". It was too small.

·
WHO DAT???
15,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right now the car is on a chassis jig getting a 25.2 treatment. Fab 9 chromoly housing, Pro Mod four link, Santhoff DA rear shocks. I am retaining the factory rear frame rails.

For the powertrain My 1st motor is a iron block 408 with billet mains, 8.5 comp, 1/2 headstuds, o'ringed, CNC'ed LS6 heads, T&D solid roller shaft rockers, Jesel beltdrive, Jesel beltdrive destributor, external oil pump, Edelbrock supervictor LS1 EFI intake manifold fitted with a elbow and a 90mm throttle body. Precesion 94mm F-trim turbo, 60mm HKS GTII wastegate, and a PT2400 air/water intercooler. I have a Deadenbear powerglide that will transfer the power to the rear. I mentioned this will be 1st motor cus I already have it so I decided to put it to use. This level of drag car will be new to me and I plan on taking my time getting the suspension dialed in and the car going down the track straight. I am building the whole car myself from the chassis to the motor, all the plumbing and wiring. I'll will also be doing all the tuning myself. It'll be a learning curve but I'll take my time and get it there. Don't get me wrong, I am a listener and will appreciate any positive input. Once the car is dialed in and all the little bugs are dealt with I will go to a well built LSx with some killer heads, you know the type.

BTW, I started a thread suggesting a build section here on Yellow Bullet so we can post our builds from begining to end. http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68693

Please add your thoughts and let's see if we can that done.

Thanks,
Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts