Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's a current update on my 68 nova small block turbo project. its slowly coming along because it sucks working in the garage in this 90* heat

·
Registered
49,832 Posts
Why not get a reducer cone and a 4inch or 3.5 inch v band flange and toss that silicone off the turbo outlet. Otherwise it does like nice and clean. I like the header routing. Way easier to change plugs with the headers swept up.

BTW where did you get the Borg turbo from ? Looks like a bullseye race cover.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Nice. I have been following your build on the Turbo Forums. Me and Dad just picked up a solid 71 Nova roller. I have a S480 down at the shop begging to be put on that car.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Just grind off the flange on the compressor outlet (leave a hump) and use the silicone coupling and clamps.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm going to leave the lip and weld on a 3.5" stub on the end with a bead around the outside for the silicone to hold on

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where would be better to place my bov? by the tape or closer to the carb? its going to go on the inside of the bend

·
Registered
29 Posts
y pipe at turbo

hey man looks good!do you have any pics of the y you made to go into the turbo?I'm building a 85 camaro with a single turbo and the y is going to be short and right at the turbo.i just need some fresh ideas.thinks
Scott.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
where would be better to place my bov? by the tape or closer to the carb? its going to go on the inside of the bend
Right in the middle of the straight pipe will be fine.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i havent done anything with the carb yet, but i think i may try do the mods on my own and go from there

·
Registered
49,832 Posts
With that setup anywhere would be fine but the closer to the turbo the better.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i'll put some info on the engine up.

dart based 383, eagle crank and l19 rods, stef's aluminum oil pan, 18* pontiac 867s with jesel shaft rockers, port matched brodix hvh intake, jesel belt drive, custom venolia pistons. that turbo is a bw s400 that i bought for mock up and hop to get it upgraded to an 80mm or more

1 - 20 of 20 Posts