Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok let me first tell you guys a little bit of back ground on how this all came to be, My wife and I run a rescue group for animals one of the other groups here in Memphis sent out a call for help rescuing a dog they have seen starving on the side of a highway because the animal had a Mayonaise jar stuck on her head- We spent 18hrs searching hundreds of acres of dense forrest and backwoods and finally found the animal and saved the dog from a certain death, (The story was on a local news channel 2-3 days ago and will be on CNN tomorrow)

Considering all we went through my truck really didnt look too bad til the next morning when I went out to my truck-

So I figured now was as good as time as any to do the lift and put the tires on

Cleaned it up today

Here it is next to the Firehawk to show the size (She will be her hauler!)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lmao... I wanted to name her jughead- no one else would go for it! (Remember Police academy 2 , the crazy leader of the "gang's mom was named Jughead). Instead we named Her Miracle which is short for "Miracle Whip" The jug that was on her head!

·
Registered
832 Posts
....now thats a story i like to hear....with all the crap in the news.....i'm glad there are still people out there that do stuff like this..

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We had to cut it off of her, It was very tight cutting off air flow- The poor thing only weighed in at 27lbs, sad considering she should weigh close to 55-60 full weight, The dog had bb's embedded in her skin, fractured bones and her body was starting to eat her muscles.

·
A Fine Example For Others
40,842 Posts
We had to cut it off of her, It was very tight cutting off air flow- The poor thing only weighed in at 27lbs, sad considering she should weigh close to 55-60 full weight, The dog had bb's embedded in her skin, fractured bones and her body was starting to eat her muscles.
I didn't need to read that. Now I'm angry!

I had thought the dog had put itself in that predicament, obviously not.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah now we are more suited for the 4x4 Rescues!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is the pic of the 10 week old German Shepard/Chow mix we found out there while searching for Miracle Whip/Jughead. We call her Austin

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Here is the pic of the 10 week old German Shepard/Chow mix we found out there while searching for Miracle Whip/Jughead. We call her Austin

This sounds like a place where people dump dogs.

The way you describe Miracle's condition, it sounds like somebody needs an ass whooping cause it sounds like it was done intentionally. Maybe kids because it was bb's?

Shepherd/chow is really cute too.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, we are keeping a close eye on the situation with a wild game cameras.... If we find em we will press charges!

·
A Fine Example For Others
40,842 Posts
Do you intend to keep the animals? As you are probably aware, abused animals make brought into a loving family make the most loyal pets.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the small one was just adopted... And Yes we have about 30 animals all rescued on our property, been rescuing animals of all sorts for years, some get adopted some just hang with us for the rest of their lives. We go through 50lbs of dog food every 2 days. Either way, we are blessed to have the property and buildings for it! If your ever looking for a rescue animal please check us out at www.FOCAS.petfinder.com and of course on Facebook- FOCAS Rescue in Millington,TN !

·
Cereal Killer
2,249 Posts
Well the small one was just adopted... And Yes we have about 30 animals all rescued on our property, been rescuing animals of all sorts for years, some get adopted some just hang with us for the rest of their lives. We go through 50lbs of dog food every 2 days. Either way, we are blessed to have the property and buildings for it! If your ever looking for a rescue animal please check us out at www.FOCAS.petfinder.com and of course on Facebook- FOCAS Rescue in Millington,TN !

Thank you for all you do. I just saw Austins pictures on the Facebook page. What a cute puppy, I'm glad you found her a good home.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts