Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried the rustoleum black satin and have 24 dollars in the paint.I learned alot about spraying this stuff and will do alot better job on the second try.The rustoleum stuff seems to need thinned out with acetone more than the can directions say and im sure alot depends on the gun but for the price of the paint its hard to beat.thanks to all who posted pics and gave info on the black satin

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
The car looks good. I love satin black on cars. I always buy acrylic enamel gloss kits and use exterior flattener mixed in with it. It seems to last longer than the semi gloss paints straight out of the can. Plus you get to chose the level of flat or sheen that you want. Of course base with a semigloss clear is probably the best way. But I have had good luck with my method. Of course my mix cost me about $150-200 bucks. So 10x the amount, but I never understand why people want to go cheap on a paint job. Especially on such expensive cars. You have to get all that paint off when you decide to put a professional paint job on it. Not to mention that the price of masking tape, prepsolvent, paper, tack rags, cleaner for the gun all cost more than the cheap paint. Here is two of my old murdered rides.

Of course that car of yours would still look way more bad ass than my pieces of junk even if it was flat pink!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
From what we can see it looks kinda smallish ........only kidding but you do need to make the picture bigger if we are to see it.
I like the way black cars look no matter if it's satin, Rat Rod, or Gloss they are all good till I have to sit in them in the staging lanes for an hour while the track is cleaned up from sombodies oil down.....in 98* heat and 89-92% humidity.......man like an oven in there....thank god for helmet Blowers hooked to a small chest of ICE!

·
Registered
791 Posts
sweet truck where did you get the transformer emblem? I like the murdered look and Ill be repainting my truck soon and it will be black

·
Registered
101 Posts
$6 and a foam roller. Next time ill spray it even though the rolled on doesnt look bad at all.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My decal guy made it. The truck had every panel replaced minus the cab and it also started out life as a 2500 single wheel...only fitting.

·
Registered
791 Posts
How hard is sit to roll on?

·
Registered
791 Posts
k I might do my old ladys altima look this it needs a new paint job anyway (the clear coat is gone) Now I guess just run a sander over it and roll it on lol?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry about the small pics.I cant seem to get a large pic on this site.I put it on facebook and its large but not sure how to do it on this site.Im a major computer dummy.The pic I put up is from photo bucket and I just cant enlarge it without making it blurry.And I cant bring my pic from my documents to this site so once again sorry for the small pic...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I still like the flat look on some cars myself. I know there are a lot of folks that don't but thats ok, to each his own. To the OP..............nice job, but like others, wish the pix were bigger haha.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts