Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Shooting a live show with one camera is a pain in the ass I think. I shot a couple of songs of The Stick Martin show and we did another shoot but have yet to edit that.

You footage looks nice didnt watch it all yet will later though.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shooting a live show with one camera is a pain in the ass I think. I shot a couple of songs of The Stick Martin show and we did another shoot but have yet to edit that.

You footage looks nice didnt watch it all yet will later though.
Thanks Rob, we shot with 2 cameras but 1 was just a wide angle stationary shot. I use that one for the audio and as a cut too shot when the close up cam was moving or in a bad spot. The end result was a little rough but i learned a lot.

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Thanks Rob, we shot with 2 cameras but 1 was just a wide angle stationary shot. I use that one for the audio and as a cut too shot when the close up cam was moving or in a bad spot. The end result was a little rough but i learned a lot.
yeah we shot my friends band that way too, they are running an open jam and I am going to films some stuff there for them but we are going to pull sound from the board.

Ionly have one decent camera so we are likely goin to do it twice and ill just edit it together. maybe do it in a week or two or three LOL

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah we shot my friends band that way too, they are running an open jam and I am going to films some stuff there for them but we are going to pull sound from the board.

Ionly have one decent camera so we are likely goin to do it twice and ill just edit it together. maybe do it in a week or two or three LOL
or 4 or 5, i know the feeling:). you will get way better sound through the board. I have to figure that one out next time.

·
Registered
655 Posts
if you have a butt plug mic that will take line level audio get you a Y xlr cable to split their main feed and take a feed off the main outs as long as they are running a flat pan on the mix. also any amps will need to be miced to get a true mix. I do this stuff all the time. No fuss no muss no cables all over

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
They play around here at a local wine fest once a year. Love em.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you have a butt plug mic that will take line level audio get you a Y xlr cable to split their main feed and take a feed off the main outs as long as they are running a flat pan on the mix. also any amps will need to be miced to get a true mix. I do this stuff all the time. No fuss no muss no cables all over
thanks for the tip. I don't know what half that stuff means, but its a good place to start.:p

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Wow, I knew they used to travel a lot but I didn't know they ventured way over there. Very cool.
Yeah I am pretty sure they played around here as well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts