Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 5807 Posts

·
Turbo Terror
14,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry this is so long but felt it was important to post most of this. I am sure others will chime in on this or that but in the end the facts are the facts.. parts were pulled OFF the car I bought AFTER the deal was made.

As many of you may know, a few months ago I purchased Tim Lynch's Mustang from Gil Christy. This is the car that Gil bought from Tim and TJ Kasper drove.

After several phone calls and emails back and forth with Gil myself and my buddy flew out to look at the car. We went to Tom Kaspers shop to look at the car; we went over the car, put it on a lift, looked at things and ended up making a deal for the car with Gil. I explained to them that I was working out of town and I would have to arrange to have the transport company pick the car up a.s.a.p. but asked if it would be ok if I left it at the shop till that arrangement was made.
Gil said "we are family and it being in this shop is just as safe as it being in my garage"
Tom said "it would be in good hands and it was ok with him and they would take care of it"
TJ didn't argue any of this but did not make any statement about the car.

The deal on the car was the agreed amount for the following:
The car as it was when we looked at it (NO ONE EVER mentioned anything being swapped out)
One set of used projacks
Custom built weight bars for the car that allowed them to put over 300# in it. (I asked for these to be installed in the car before shipping)
1 pair of 15" double beadlock wheels
1 log book for the car
The front end of the car was to be repainted at Gil’s expense.
The BS3 box was going out for repair

We unload the car and I notice the seat belts were swapped out with a different make belts and they expired. I noticed the SD card was not in the RP and that not one weight bar was mounted or in the car and the 15" wheels were not in the trailer. I emailed Gil and asked and asked him why the belts were swapped out and why the wheels, SD card and weight bars were not shipped with the car. He said he would talk to Tom and TJ and find out what happened.

During the time I was out of town I got little response from Gil other then he was taken advantage of by Tom/TJ and "he would make it "right" and get to the bottom of it”. So I get a call from TJ and he has no idea how the belts got pulled out of the car and replaced with expired ones. Tells me the SD card would go out Monday along with his log book for the car. That the 15" wheels were loaned to Petty/Lynch and they were working on getting them back. He had no idea where the weight bars were that Gil said came with the car but the one they did have was placed on the front seat of the car. (No weight bar was in the car when it showed up).

I put the car up on the projacks and noticed the rear tires were old and had cuts in them. Then I noticed that the rear wheels that were shipped on the car were NOT the M/T wheels that were on it when the deal was made for it. I called Gil, left him a VM sent him a TXT and an email asking what was going on here and expressed my concern what else was swapped out on the car. At this point I am letting my mind run wild on what else was swapped out, removed or replaced from the car. I go start digging around to find the ALL BILLET converter that was in the car when we looked at it was not what was in the car NOW

Here is the response from Gil
"I apologize I was no there when the car shipped. It fully my responsibility but tom and TJ had taken it upon themselves for what reasons I can only imagine. I have no need for these parts and they will all be returned to u as soon as possible. I am very embarrassed and this is not how I do business. I have been taken advantage of just as u have and I will rectify the situation today. My apologies
Gil"

A few weeks later I get a package with the seat belts in it. That’s it.. nothing more.

So at this point I am advised to start getting information on the parts from the vendors. I contact Tim Lynch and he said he NEVER got wheels from them and does not have wheels from them. He never got a phone call from Gil, TJ or Tom PERIOD.
I then contact Marty chance about the converter; turns out the "crown jewel worth $5500.00" (as Gil referred to it when the deal was made) were property of Marty Chance and NOT the property of Christy/Kasper Motorsports. Yet NOTHING was ever mentioned about this when the deal was made. A few hours after my call to Marty I get a call from Tom Kasper and he tells me that the converter was not his to sell and was Marty Chances, the M/T 16" wheels that were on the car and swapped out were sponsored by M/T and not to be sold by them, Tom also goes on to tell me the M/T wheels are POS and the don't hold the tires on the bead, etc.. then goes on with the belts were sponsored by Impact.. You get the drift.
So Tom tells me he will send me a box of spare parts for the car and a front wheel.. The spare parts were supposed to go with the car as it was but during my visit I just forgot to "go through the trailer" as Gil said and grab anything spare for the car. Keep in mind that NONE of the parts swapping was ever mentioned, talked about or told to me by ANYONE. ONLY reason I was told was as I found these parts and pushed for answers.

A few days later this box shows up with some used push rods, a new piston, used rod, used cap, and some used rockers... no wheel

Gil calls me after I send a few more emails/texts (I gave up calling) and we talk for about an hour. He tells me how the SD card is on its way.. I get an email from RP that they are sending me a new RP SD card, not the one that was in the car with all the runs as I was told I would get. Gil goes on to tell me that Tom is behind all the parts swapping and he wanted the wheels for his car because his car had worn out tires on it and he wanted the new ones that were on the M/T wheels. TJ/Tom did offer to send me the rear wheels but all of them kept telling me how bad the wheels were and they only swapped wheels so I would not have a problem.. or the previous story was it that they were sponsored. If the wheels were truly so bad that they did not leave them on the car, yet Tom has them on his car now and TJ ran them the week before I went to go look at the car. Anyways Gil tells me how he is done with Tom because he keeps taking advantage of him. That he was trying to sell Toms car to get him out of the picture.. etc.
Gil finally commits to sending me a check for the 15" wheels and would talk to Marty Chance to make the converter deal right.

A few weeks go by, no check and no info on the converter, Gil sends me a txt telling me he has a line on a set of wheels and he had called Marty but Marty had not called him back. I tell Gil just send the check I don’t want this dragged out any longer and I will have Marty call YOU. He says ok. I send Marty an email and Marty sends me an email a few days later saying he has called Gil several times and Gil does not call back. Then I get a picture of the check Gil is sending me and that “he is done with this deal and I was on my own for the converter and if I wanted anything to go after Tom/TJ/Kaspers Corner and that’s that.”

I deposit the check.. it bounces. Later that day I am in a business meeting get a call from Gil’s cell phone from someone telling me that they are Gils "personal assistant".. I step out to take the call and she goes on to tell me how Gils finical advisor made a mistake and did not have the funds in that account for the check that Gil wrote. That they would write me another check or send me a money order and I tell her ok and that I had to go. I was expecting a new check to be sent. I send Gil a txt with my bank account info and tell him just to transfer me the money (we have the same bank) and 4 months later after the purchase of the car the deposit for the wheels was made into my account.

So in the end the Gil Christy / TJ Kasper / Tom Kasper did a bait and switch on me with the parts on the car and have yet to make it right. If you talk to any one of them about this they just point fingers at someone else.

The M/T wheels/tires were swapped out for some spray painted Weld wheels with old tires.
The ORG SD card with the log book was never supplied. (a new SD card was sent but the deal was the card with the runs on it.)
The "custom" weight bars were never supplied.
The 15" wheels were never supplied nor paid for
The $5500.00 converter was swapped out for a $2200.00 one
The Belts were handled.
A box of used parts was sent.

This is the gist of what happened, I want people who read this to know I have been dealing with this for months now with no real resolution from them. I was the one who discovered the bait and switch they pulled on this transaction and never was one word from ANY OF THEM mentioned on any of this till I brought it up. Was other stuff swapped out also?

It’s sad that a "championship" team has the lack of respect for others as this team does. It gives everyone that supports and sponsors this team a black eye to have this information talked about and I hope Gil / Tom / TJ / Kasper’s Corner figure out a way of making this deal as right. It’s a sad day that a “championship team” rip’s off another racer in this fashion.

·
Banned
17,920 Posts
Sorry to hear Dave. I known you quite a long time (nova days) as well as your team and know you have always had a stellar reputation as an honest straight shooter. I hope this gets resolved quickly.

·
Banned
15,567 Posts
That's fucking ridiculous. Thieves.

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
I am sorry to hear that you have had to go through all that,

I`m about 45 minutes from them and if you reach some sort of cash agreement I can go and pick it up and bring it with me to the SCSN in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear Dave. Hope it gets straightened out and you can put it in your rearview. I ended up having a company screw me over, and one of their employee's made a poor choice at the same time. Cost me over $80k and a bunch of bullshit drama, but I bet they (he) won't make the same mistake again. Just remember to keep your cool and never let someone or something make you go outside your true character. Good luck man.

Wes

·
Registered
643 Posts
They all need to step up and make this RIGHT ! This is not how we roll in the old west !!A lynching may be in order..Is that a pun ? Sorry to hear Dave ,hope something positive come of your mess...The BULLET court is now in session , bitches !!! P.S what the phuck you want a mustang for...we need to get you into therapy quik....

·
its blingtiffic™
9,829 Posts
Dave I know how excited you were about this purchase and I also know that your a working man and buying this car was a huge commitment for you and momma. I'm sorry this turned into such a shit deal. It's a crying shame that people would go out of their way to grossly misrepresent and cheat someone like this. Best of luck getting this resolved my friend.

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
That's fucking ridiculous. Thieves.
NOTHING SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOUCHED ON THAT CAR after the deal was made AND not divulging that the rims/converter weren't even owned by said party is BULLSHIT!

·
Banned
17,920 Posts
NOTHING SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOUCHED ON THAT CAR after the deal was made AND not divulging that the rims/converter weren't even owned by said party is BULLSHIT!
Actually it is theft and prosecutable. I would think the Kaspers would testify as Gil appears to be trying to throw them under the bus or vice-versa.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
The crazy part is that Kaspers treated it like the car was theirs..... I've had this happen before on a much smaller scale.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Wow,dave should of kept ur car and did what u needed to do!Ive done buisness with dave and he is a straight shooter!goodluck dave!

1 - 20 of 5807 Posts