Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10" x 50" Supermax Mill for 500 $

Maybe it will need some work, maybe it wont. I inspected the machine and everything moves freely and there is no signs of rust on anything, anywhere. The table still has the metal chips on it from the Machine Shop it was in.

And it has a real thick coating of a cosmoliene type spray from Kroil.

I'm going to spray degreaser on most of it, spend a couple $$ at the spray wash and then get it home and check it out. People I have talked to had positive comments since it wasnt powered up at the time and hasnt been since.

No signs of flood damage in the shop it was in, open walled, no water line anywhere.

Here is the info from the ad.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

1993 (built) Supermax Vertical Knee ( machine installed in 1996 )

10x50 table, 3 phase

Mill was flooded ( submerged ) Last May for @ 1.5 hours. Mill was not wired up at the time.
Mill has not been powered up since ( no electricity in building )
Mill has 2 power feeds and a DRO condition unknown
All ways on machine look good, were heavily greased during flood
Machine has a healthy coating of gunk form the shop it came from
all axis function well, no sticking or rusted together conditions
spindle looks excellent, quill feed handle missing

no tooling, vises, collets, cutters with this lathe.

IMPORTANT- This is a very big, heavy 4000+ lbs mill. it is not a small bridgeport. You must have a safe way to remove it from my Garage. There will be no dragging/prying it across the concrete.
I reccomend bringing, renting a forklift or calling Continental Machinery Movers.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool find. Any pics? How did you move it?

I'm going to rent a " Lull " Reachlift type Forklift due to having gravel in front of my shop. 425 $ for 2 days ( 8 hr. rental on a Saturday ). I'll be able to move my Lathe from the garage now also. And maybe do some other things with it.

These pics are from the ad, not the best.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Look around for Lull rates. I work for RSC Equipment rental in Tulsa and we do weekend rates. We only charge one day if its rented late Friday and back early Monday. A small Terex 5k reach fork should do the trick it has 20' reach and should be cheaper than a large fram 6K. Just my .02 Looks like a good buy though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts