Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(I've got a 2003 southwest 26' enclosed and I have started to see water stains on the walls. what is the best way to repair a leaking roof before any real damage occurs? Not just a quickfix but something that is going to last.

·
Banned
13,503 Posts
:(I've got a 2003 southwest 26' enclosed and I have started to see water stains on the walls. what is the best way to repair a leaking roof before any real damage occurs? Not just a quickfix but something that is going to last.
What is the roof made of?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Dicor Lap Sealant...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The roof is rolled metal with seamsealer. I dont know if it is imporant but the leak is on the awning side.

·
Aviation Section
25,750 Posts
Roofing companies that sell to mobile homes use what is called Peel and Seal, it is sticky tar like on one side with an aluminum back, when it is placed in the sun it really melts in and you will not get it off, comes in rolls 12" wide.

Home Depot also sells it under another name in the roofing supply area, it is about $15.00/roll, also works good in place of Dynamat which is very expensive, if you want to insulate for heat or sonic vibrations like a car stereo this is the shit. Dave

·
502 daddy
3,311 Posts
My pops had the roof of his c class rhino lined cost bout 700 bucks he took air off all vents,they did a good job...its a 1984 coachman 50,000 miles on it still in great shape...

·
That guy...
8,810 Posts
My pops had the roof of his c class rhino lined cost bout 700 bucks he took air off all vents,they did a good job...its a 1984 coachman 50,000 miles on it still in great shape...
Sounds like a horrible idea for keeping the trailer cool...

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Dont fuck around with silicone or caulking sealants. Use a good urethane
The shit is good enough to glue in windshields.
I've used urethane to glue panels onto the side of an enclosed trailer [for that rivet free look]
It works

·
Registered
95 Posts
Coating you trail in thick black keeps it cool?
Does RHINO LININGS come in colors?

Yes, Rhino Linings can be sprayed in virtually any color you'd like. For maximum UV protection and long lasting color, we recommend our SolarMax product, which has the color built right into the chemistry. To find out more, please contact a dealer near you. Rhino Linings can be custom pigmented to match your color specifications.
Yes you can get it white if you want it.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Clean the seam as good as you can and use 3M 5200 marine tech sealer. I am in the trailer biz and that what I use. If its a galvanized steel roof instead of the one piece aluminum do the seams as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts