Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive my tone, as I'm still upset.

I have a 383 stroker motor with maybe 500 miles on it. I haven't had any problems out of the motor since I bought it. It's 10:1 compression and takes 91 octane ( I usually put 93).

I let my uncle drive my car last night and he returned it today. I started the car and it died about 40 seconds after it ran. Started it again and it did the same thing. I started it one last time and it died on the street.

So I called my uncle...he claims he didn't do anything. Well, one there is a huge fucking screw in my tire. Secondly, he took my car to his mechanic because of a clunking noise near the crossmember. WTF? Three, he said he put 93oct gas in it and some turbo blue. After a google search, I see that it's basically race gas, at least over 100oct. Would that cause my car to act up?

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
You let someone drive your shit other than you ?? Is yer wife hot ??

That cr don't need no race fuel in it either,...... yer uncle needs to be stopped

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
The ONLY reason he would add race gas to it is to beat on it!

A serious talk and some confessions are in order. He needs to pony up to fix what is fucked up.

And then remember this lesson: ALWAYS be certain of who you let drive your car, if anyone!

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
If this is for real, the clunking is shutting off the car. Sounds like a broke flexplate/ convertor or a busted gear set.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If this is for real, the clunking is shutting off the car. Sounds like a broke flexplate/ convertor or a busted gear set.
It's definitely serious. The clunking was definitely just something loose when I went over a bump. It wasn't caused by the engine. The car is just cutting off while running stationary, still in park.

I won't continue to guess at it though, I'm taking it back to Rattlesnake Auto in Garden City and hopefully it's nothing serious.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
It's definitely serious. The clunking was definitely just something loose when I went over a bump. It wasn't caused by the engine. The car is just cutting off while running stationary, still in park.

I won't continue to guess at it though, I'm taking it back to Rattlesnake Auto in Garden City and hopefully it's nothing serious.
Oh dam, you're local........ Whereabouts you at? ..... Main crossroads?

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
Battery cables aren't a little loose are they?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Battery cables aren't a little loose are they?
Nope, but I didn't think to check that at first.

Oh dam, you're local........ Whereabouts you at? ..... Main crossroads?
I live in Livonia. My first mechanic at a shop in Detroit sucked, the second guy who races under Twisted Performance was good but stopped answering my calls (maybe I was bothering the fuck out of him), so I think Dan @ Rattlesnake is the solution for my novice ass whining. Plus I don't feel raped by the prices.

Turns out it was the plugs from my uncle putting that damn fuel in the car. It technically shouldn't have happened, definitely wouldn't have happened on an EFI car, but on my 383 carb'd...it did

1 - 12 of 12 Posts