Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my issue of 5.0 magazine and my car is in it with a full article, page 146. Michael Johson did a good job with article and photos.

Edgar

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
I dont get the magazine, but congratulations that is awesome to hear.

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
I haven't got my newest 5.0 mag yet but I will make sure to check it out when it gets here. Should be any day now. Congrats. You might want to talk to them about doing a plaque with the complete article. One of the times when my car was in MM&FF with the 4 page deal, some company contacted me about it. It's a cool conversation piece and much easier than keeping up with a bunch of extra magazine copies over time. (I still kept copies too but the plaque doesn't fade or anything like regular magazines and you can hang it on the wall too) I will see if I can get you some contact info. It didn't cost much at the time (you have to buy a few copies of the magazine so they can have front and backs of pages etc.) and was well worth the price IMO. I will post pics of it and the contact info of the company later today so you can see what I'm talking about. Again, congratulations on getting some ink! It's always cool to see your hard work recognized in one of the magazines. When we used to class race in NMRA and FFW back in the late 90's we were in MM&FF as well as FSC several times. August 97 and August 98 both come to mind in MM&FF.(Thanks guys and Campy was very cool to work with!) :cool:

I guess 5.0 never liked any of my junk or just didn't want to do anything on my cars :confused: I do still get the mag though becaue I have had a lot of friends in there. I wish all these mags sent guys out to the ORSCA and Outlaw events. They are missing some bad a$$ cars there too for sure.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Nice article Edgar, I got my issuse of 5.0 yesterday and was checking your car out. Very Nice Car...Something to be Proud of...John

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Very cool MJ did my car back in 03, great feeling seeing your car in a mag, congrats and make sure to get one of the plaque's from tim brown.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK that's freaky, my boss just dropped the issue on my desk opened to your article, very cool car..

Maybe he saw you surfing the net at work, LOL. Thanks guys for the compliments, I have been at it for 12 years with this car.

Edgar

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
The company that did my plaque is called Todays People and their website is www.todayspeople.com and you can also call them at 1-800-226-1400 When my car was in MM&FF, they contacted me but that was about 10 years ago and MM&FF may have had something going with them. I have no idea how they got my info but I was glad they did. I think you will be well pleased and I don't remember it being very expensive. I don't have any good photos of the plaque but heres one that I made with my phone. It hangs out in the shop and even there, it has held up well. They will also include a job number and you can have duplicates made at a later date if you decide to.

I know the paint job is aweful but this was in the 90's and bright, loud, ugly paint jobs are what they wanted to shoot so we built and painted this entire car in 10 days before the Spring Break Shootout in 97. It was really less than 2 weeks from start to finish but we accomplished what we set out to do and that was get it in a magazine and qualify for the SSO field. It did both so I was pleased.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts