Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my way to my chassis guys house i gently attempted to pass a car without engaging the passing gear. it was misting but not enough water on the asphalt to hydroplane, this acted more like black ice only it wasn't freezing. the rear wheels began to spin and i let off the gas to let it correct itself. well, it didn't. instead it slid me off the opposite side of the road, straight at a concrete tunnel/dirt culvert. i hit the dirt launched my truck 15-20 feet in the air twisted sideways and then hit on my side and rolled 3-4 times. all this without a seatbelt. reason i took it off, it was hurting my surgery incision something bad. my wife, the EMT's , the trooper, and the firemen all agreed that if i would have kept it on i would be dead. i myself broke the console both in the seat and overhead with my body, ripped the dash apart and busted out the passenger side back glass with my body and i crawled out of the backseat and stood up and opened the drivers door(landed on passenger side and actually waited to get necked and boarded. bad bad pain right now, it did not screw up my back surgery, 10 staples in my head and various other knots and scratches no concussion, sore like all get the phuck out.
i scared my wife, kids, mom and brother, inlaws and best friends like they have never been scared in their entire life. came close to leaving my beautiful and three kids and never want to do that again. anyone know where i can buy a good used armored car with a funny car cage for myself, wife and three kids?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
186 Posts
GLAD YOUR OK!! Trucks can be replaced. been there done that too. don't sweat it. give your wife and kids a big hug and thank the good lord your still here! :D

·
All juice no seed
1,000 Posts
Glad you made it out alive, I was in a simular wreck many years ago, you learn to appreciate life a little better after stuff like this happens.

I was trapped in a car for what felt like hours was actually around 30 mins.

Give your family a hug even if it hurts. the pain reminds you that you're alive.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my wife has a picture that she took, didn't post it. it was real personal. HE was smiling on me and it shows in the picture, only GOD saw me through this and there were hugs and kisses aplenty when i got home.
my wife gave me a severe warning: if you do that to me again i'll kill you!!!

·
Registered
56,906 Posts
You are one very lucky man!!! That sounded very brutal to say the least. Give thanks to the man above that you're still alive.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
glad you're okay !!!

·
Trolling the Trolls
15,000 Posts
my wife has a picture that she took, didn't post it. it was real personal. HE was smiling on me and it shows in the picture, only GOD saw me through this and there were hugs and kisses aplenty when i got home.
my wife gave me a severe warning: if you do that to me again i'll kill you!!!
Get healed and and go say thanks to the man above you're still here for a reason and purpose.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
perfect example of why i feel seatbelts should be up to you the driver if u want to wear them,and im glad u ok man,we've lost enough fellow racers this weekend

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
like BILL COSBY said : " If you don't believe in God , wait til the ground shakes , you will look up "

now you've HAD your wake up call in life > REMEMBER IT !!! ....congrads .......

now watch the IRS send you a thank-you note , to be alive to pay them some more !!!! < just trying to make you laugh !;)

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,112 Posts
WOW.....DAMN DUDE YOUR A LUCKY FUCKER.....SOMEBODY WAS LOOKING AFTER YOU......AND JUST AFTER YOUR MAJOR BACK SURGERY.....TAKE YOUR TIME AND SLOW DOWN!!!!
GLAD YOUR OK

·
Registered
214 Posts
ok gotta ask, y was every one saying you would be dead if you had seatbelt on? Cab looks pretty intact so its not like you were in danger of being crushed in there?

·
Registered
197 Posts
ok gotta ask, y was every one saying you would be dead if you had seatbelt on? Cab looks pretty intact so its not like you were in danger of being crushed in there?
I was wondering that too. I mean, fate it fate. But I hear this after some accidents. Either the seatbelt saved their life, or it would have killed them if they were wearing it. Glad you are ok though. Tough deal after back surgery.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,112 Posts
I'M THINKING BEING HELD STILL WHILE ROLLING THE VEHICLE....PRETTY MUCH MAKES YOU A SHOCK ABSORBER.....ON THE OTHER HAND FLOATING AROUND IN THE CAB COULD BE A LITTLE LESS TRAUMATIZING :p :smt102

1 - 20 of 72 Posts