Registered
2,070 Posts
To me, it's just another form of apologizing

My mistake
My fault
My bad

Taking ownership of an error vocally.
Bigger things to worry about right now
Agreed. It's hardly a new saying, it's been around for at least 15-20yr. Hell I didn't know people still said it that much. I'm 42 and probably said it quite a bit 15-20yr ago. Meanwhile the country is on the brink of irreparable damage, if not complete destruction, but lets get our panties in a wad over somebody saying "my bad".

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,178 Posts
I can say "I'm sorry" with same lack of enthusiasm as "my bad."

·
Registered
16,226 Posts
Agreed. It's hardly a new saying, it's been around for at least 15-20yr. Hell I didn't know people still said it that much. I'm 42 and probably said it quite a bit 15-20yr ago.
I haven't heard it much lately either, maybe I'm hanging with a better group now. I thought it became an out for irresponsible jerks and hated it because the sayer seemed to think that's where it ended.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The phrase that pisses me off,"Ok Boommer". Fuck that and fuck anybody that says it. I was born March 1978 so I'm anything but a Boomer, but that shit pisses me off to no end. Complete and total lack of respect.

·
Super Moderator
45,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My bad? It's not even correct grammar. My bad? Is that supposed to mean,..."I'm bad"? Just more dumbing down of America.

·
Super Moderator
45,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
It's right up there with "reach out"
BBBBROOOOOO
YO BRO!...... MY BAD, YOU SOUND LIKE A BOOMER!

Hey Boomer, How woke are you?
My kids try to use it and I have told them not around me. If you screw up own it and apologize for it. Being lazy and making your self sounds stupid will not get you ahead in life.
It's the new normal
about the same as saying you're a racist

zero meaning
Right up there with me saying "thank you" and some twat saying "no problem". No, the appropriate response is "you are welcome", or "no, thank YOU".
I'll have my people call your people!

Dave
Absolutely hate it. I made sure my kids won't use it (at least they'll never let me hear them!). I had a 60 year old I worked with that said it all the time. I made sure he knew he sounded like a moron every time. Fortunately nobody in my group says it.
Sometimes I say it, but usually just amongst friends or people my age.

I agree it's not the best thing to say, especially if you genuinely screwed up.
Hate it!

Right up there with "you go girl" and "yo".

Fuckin' ebonics.
Hate it. At work, I let my team use it internally but I don't want to hear that shit when they're talking to a client or a customer.
I hate "no worries" too. Off the op but I also hate A to B. "Just tryin to go A to B", no shit I'm tryin to go A to Z. LOL
Those are admissions, not apologies. Apologies sound like, 'I'm sorry'. Not 'I did it'.
I haven't heard it much lately either, maybe I'm hanging with a better group now. I thought it became an out for irresponsible jerks and hated it because the sayer seemed to think that's where it ended.
Looks like I'm definitely not alone.

Reactions: Erik-427

·
Super Moderator
45,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Agreed. It's hardly a new saying, it's been around for at least 15-20yr. Hell I didn't know people still said it that much. I'm 42 and probably said it quite a bit 15-20yr ago. Meanwhile the country is on the brink of irreparable damage, if not complete destruction, but lets get our panties in a wad over somebody saying "my bad".
Yeah,...that's it,...my panties are in a wad....lol. There's another phrase that is over used and a little on the goofy side. No shit the world is a mess....never said I was losing sleep over it, I just think it's a younger generations way of skating out of taking responsibility for doing something wrong, because it's usually followed up by nothing,..absolutely nothing in the way of making said event right, or fixing whatever they screwed up. Like saying "my bad" lets them off the hook.

Reactions: Kern Dog

·
Super Moderator
45,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well if it offends you that bad just blow the brains out of the next fucker that says it. Problem solved.
Dude,....what the fuck is your problem,...have a Snickers and calm down,...jeeze. Ok boomer?...lol

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I dislike the botched language in memes. And that's another word that the non-internet connected world doesn't understand!

·
Super Moderator
45,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
IDK, just in a bad mood today. The country is going all to shit and I'm not happy about it. I'll go see if a Snickers helps [it won't]. MY BAD. :D:D:D:D
It's ok boomer....I understand. :) I knew it was something,...shit,...you're jumping down my throat for bitching about some phrase being used,....and you post this....see below.
The phrase that pisses me off,"Ok Boommer". Fuck that and fuck anybody that says it. I was born March 1978 so I'm anything but a Boomer, but that shit pisses me off to no end. Complete and total lack of respect.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
It's ok boomer....I understand. :) I knew it was something,...shit,...you're jumping down my throat for bitching about some phrase being used,....and you post this....see below.
Yeah maybe I'm closer to being a "get off my lawn" old man than I'd like to admit.......................................

MY BAD.:D:D:D:D😂😂😂😂

21 - 40 of 54 Posts