Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
45,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else hate that phrase, or term, or whatever you want to call it?

It's so commonly used now, and in my opinion, it just eliminates people from having to apologize for a screw up.

If you mention or confront someone who did something wrong, bumped into you, dropped your item, knocked over your drink, screwed up an order,...or any of the countless other things someone can do that warrants an "I'm sorry", or "I apologize", or "That's was my fault, it won't happen again"..........Instead,.....with a dumb look of not caring what so ever,...you now get,.... "My Bad".....duh.

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,449 Posts
To me, it's just another form of apologizing

My mistake
My fault
My bad

Taking ownership of an error vocally.
Bigger things to worry about right now

·
Registered
8,675 Posts
YO BRO!...... MY BAD, YOU SOUND LIKE A BOOMER!

Hey Boomer, How woke are you?

·
Registered
16,078 Posts

It's so commonly used now, and in my opinion, it just eliminates people from having to apologize for a screw up.

If you mention or confront someone who did something wrong, bumped into you, dropped your item, knocked over your drink, screwed up an order,...or any of the countless other things someone can do that warrants an "I'm sorry", or "I apologize", or "That's was my fault, it won't happen again"..........Instead,.....with a dumb look of not caring what so ever,...you now get,.... "My Bad".....duh.
It's the new normal

·
Aviation Section
24,872 Posts
I'll have my people call your people!

Dave

Reactions: AllRev

·
Registered
440 Posts

Absolutely hate it. I made sure my kids won't use it (at least they'll never let me hear them!). I had a 60 year old I worked with that said it all the time. I made sure he knew he sounded like a moron every time. Fortunately nobody in my group says it.

·
Pontiac "big block"
9,341 Posts
Sometimes I say it, but usually just amongst friends or people my age.

I agree it's not the best thing to say, especially if you genuinely screwed up.

·
Super Moderator
49,567 Posts
Hate it!

Right up there with "you go girl" and "yo".

Fuckin' ebonics.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Hate it. At work, I let my team use it internally but I don't want to hear that shit when they're talking to a client or a customer.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I hate "no worries" too. Off the op but I also hate A to B. "Just tryin to go A to B", no shit I'm tryin to go A to Z. LOL

·
Registered
574 Posts
I HATE it when people are passing by you in the store or restaurant and they "I'm sorry" . I always say what for? and they just give this weird stare back at me. I just walk away rolling my eyes....

·
Registered
25,237 Posts
To me, it's just another form of apologizing

My mistake
My fault
My bad

Taking ownership of an error vocally.
Bigger things to worry about right now
Those are admissions, not apologies. Apologies sound like, 'I'm sorry'. Not 'I did it'.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts