Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been meaning to post up my build on here..

ill start from the beginning and go from there..

i got the car from a friend of my fathers in trade for helping him do some work on his old hi-boy ford..

i wish i had the pictures of the day i got it.. we went just south of portland oregon from northern idaho to get it.. i arrived at my dads friends, friends house where the car had been sittting for 10 years.. was behind a barn on blocks almost completly covered by black berry bushes. was a sight to see.. part of me thinks the blackberry bushes protected the grille and stuff from getting brittle from sunlight and weather.. any ways on with the pictures

getting it out from my parents where i kept it for a few years before i started fiddling with it..

the car was in decent shape but no where near perfect.. had some old body work in the quarter, and where the car was stored for the 10 years the owner of the property got mad about it sitting in a spot so he moved it with his tractor and messed up the tail panel..

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turned out the windshield had a leak so the floor was rusted.. :-damnit

found a good floor..

well a better one.. lol

sent it off and got it blasted.. every square inch was blasted clean, under neath, inside, outside, was nice not having to deal with all the factory undercoating and sound deadener

old body work that we found after blasting.

now let the fun stuff begin..

tubbed it to the stock frame rail and stuffed 325s underneath it

i decided to go on a turbo build.. building the collectors

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
9 inch rear end getting a brace

got a mock up block set in there for mock up

got the turbo set where i wanteed it.. a s475

started building my manifolds.

got the trunk cut out for the fuel cell and new trunk floor..

tubs and floor all fit

got rid of the s475 and got a s480

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

got the car in epoxy and por15'd everything but the out side

decided to go efi.

had to make fuel rails and machine the manifold

picked up a R block and a winberg crank

thru floor subframe connectors

moly cage

plan is to keep 100% of the interior in the car

·
Registered
9,513 Posts
Love it. Can't wait to see the progress.. Had a 71 340 back in 71, was thinking of building one soon as i'm done with this never ending project.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
r block
winberg billet 3.25 crank
oliver 6.200 rods
venolia pistons
comes out to 340 inches
baton ported w5 heads
4500 intake
ljms solid roller
norris rockers

glide

9 inch

s480 which will have the v3 billet wheel before it runs

e85
a2w
efi
drag radials

looking to drive it to the track and home and go 8s.. possibly faster.. thinking of doing 25.5 cage since its already apart.. idk we will see..

·
Registered
9,513 Posts
Definitely go with the 25.5 while you have it down. you'll need it to be legal. With that turbo you'll be faster than a sportsmans cage. think you'll need an A2W cooler running e85?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Being EFI yeah.. if it was carbed then I would have ran no cooler.. but unlike a carb the atomized fuel leaving a injector doesn't have as much time to cool the air down like a carb.. the carbed setup has the entire intake manifold not just one inch of it.. so I said eff it and spent the money. Lol

On a side note my buddy gained 70 whp on the dyno going from ambiant water to ice water in the intercooler.. on mild boost.

Worth it in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts