Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,375 Posts
Thanking Trump is a bit of a stretch, but my 401k is doing quite well.
Lets see...stock market goes from about 18000 when Trump was elected to nearly 28000 now...probably the largest jump ever in that amount of time.

·
Registered
13,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
We are talking about 401ks not measly bank CDs

Bwahahaha

A cd at less than 3% thats not smart investing
FYI THAT CD is over $130,000 and I don't consider that chump change! And, at 74 years old I've got enough sense NOT to put that money in a fucking stock market!! Would you? [/rolleyes]

Just saying................
Over 130k and you are crying poor and claiming you arent doing well under trump.

Thanks for outting yourself as a liar.

Vote demokkkrat and they will take you at 75% on that money cause they will call you rich

·
Registered
32,074 Posts
Doesn't mean anything til you pull it out. The stock market is doing well, I'm in an index fund, what should i b doing mr genius investor?
You should be following investment sites on twitter not SJW cry-fest bloggers who should be throat punched for their ignorance.

That would be a start.

Stop being a Twitter-puss.

·
Registered
32,074 Posts
FYI THAT CD is over $130,000 and I don't consider that chump change! And, at 74 years old I've got enough sense NOT to put that money in a fucking stock market!! Would you? [/rolleyes]

Just saying................
There are PLENTY of other reasonably risk averse investment types out there that pay more than CD rates.

Google is your friend.

Or you can keep crying on a message board your choice.

Oh and BTW at 2.57% when you take into consideration inflation you LOST money in your "super safe" investment CD.

Sounds like you need an advisor....or a comfort pet maybe both.

·
Dicking bimbos at home
13,889 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Lets see...stock market goes from about 18000 when Trump was elected to nearly 28000 now...probably the largest jump ever in that amount of time.
First, I'll point out that those numbers are for the Dow, not the "stock market". I've never actually met anyone who's portfolio mirrored the Dow, so it's a meaningless index in my opinion.

I will agree that the market as a whole has done very well since Trump's election. But in case you forgot, the market did extremely well during the Obama administration as well.

Point being, if you believe the president is directly responsible for your 401k balance, and invest accordingly, you either lost your ass under Obama, or are currently losing your ass. Some people actually do believe this, and they're idiots.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I am also not super thrilled with how low interests rates are today, but for different reasons I'm guessing. Now, if you're voluntarily buying a CD at 1.3%, that's on you. A savings account would pay more.

And yes, I would put that money in the stock market.
@ 74 years old you'd put that money in stocks?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts